More William Morris Applique
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
More William Morris Applique: Spectactular Quilts and Accessories for the Home
By Michele Hill
Gifted by C&T Publishing
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
More William Morris Applique: Spectacular Quilts and Accessories for the Home is a beautiful sequel to Michele Hill's first book, William Morris in Applique. In this collection of 10 quilts and 55 appliques, Hill pays homage to Morris's sense of pattern and design in home decor. She captures the spirit and style of the Arts and Crafts movement with her colorful floral applique patterns.
Hill begins More William Morris Applique with a brief biography of William Morris, the designer and artist who led the Arts and Crafts movement in the late 1800s. She then gives a detailed overview of each of Morris's homes, including photos and descriptions of the design elements that characterized Morris's style. This introduction focuses the book specifically on home design, a theme that Hill carries throughout the book in her quilt and applique patterns.
More William Morris Applique is divided neatly by "rooms," including the Hall, Her Bedroom, the Parlour, the Infant's Nursery, the Drawing Room, the Dining Room, the Nursery, the Library, His Bedroom, and the Study. Each "room" includes a description of the purpose and design of that room in William Morris's time, as well as an inspiration piece from the Arts and Crafts movement that Hill uses to create an original applique project. Hill's quilt and applique patterns include tablecloths, wall hangings, bed quilts, and even a journal cover, all adorned with stylized appliques depicting the natural world.
Hill provides all the instructions and information you need to create each of her 10 exquisite patterns in More William Morris Applique. Each project includes detailed, step-by-step instructions, a comprehensive materials list, and plenty of full-color photos. Templates for all 55 appliques are included at the back of the book in full-size patterns that you can tear out. The back of the book also includes tutorials on basic quilting, applique, and embroidery techniques, so even beginners can tackles these projects!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Arctic Ice Quilter's Slidelock
- Easy and Fun Free-Motion Quilting
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- June Tailor T-Shirt Transformation Ruler
- A Flair for Fabric
- Enter to win a quilting book bundle!
- Why Quilts Matter Documentary Series
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns