Quilt Labels for All Occasions
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Quilt Labels for All Occasions
by Brooke Smith
Gifted by House of White Birches
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Quilt Labels for All Occasions is a book of 60 iron-on transfer designs for handmade quilt labels. With these designs, you'll have all the labels you need for the quilts you plan to make, from baby quilts to wedding quilts and everything in between.
Most quilters know how important it is to label each and every one of your quilted projects, if only to keep track of when you made them or to leave the recipient of the quilt with a meaningful message. It's also important to label your quilts for posterity. Handmade quilts are the type of heirlooms that are passed down for generations. They might end up in flea markets or auctions someday, so you'll want future owners to be able to identify when and where the quilt was made! Although a simple fabric marker or a bit of embroidery can do the job efficiently, an illustrated label adds to the design of the quilt and gives a little life to your quilt back.
With the designs in Quilt Labels for All Occasions, you don't have to draw your own quilt labels. Each of the 60 designs in the book can be ironed onto solid, light-colored fabrics to create black line drawings. Once you have ironed a label design on to fabric, you can add your name, city, and date with permanent fabric marker. You can also color in the pictures and borders with colored fabric markers to add a personal touch to the labels.
With 60 quilt label designs in this book, you won't run out of quilt labels any time soon! There are several quilt labels for every occasion in this book, including labels for baby quilts, Christmas quilts, and wedding quilts. There are also several seasonal labels. For example, you can use one of the quilt labels featuring snowmen for winter holidays other than Christmas. There are also plenty of cheery springtime quilt labels with flowers, birds, and bees. You will also find plenty of generic quilt labels for everyday quilted gifts. Our favorite designs were the labels featuring patchwork patterns or sweet sayings about quilting. Use them if you're making a gift for a quilty friend!
If you've never worked with iron-on transfers before, Quilt Labels for All Occasions includes detailed instructions for applying them to your quilt label fabric. It also provides tips for coloring in the labels with fabric markers and stitching the labels onto your quilts once you have transferred them to fabric. With this book, you'll have everything you need to make tons of adorable quilt labels!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have you ever realized that making quilt block patterns can be one of the most enjoyable and easy ways to use your old scrappy quilt… Continue reading: "Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects by Susan Taylor Propst
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Welcome Baby Flannel from Windham Fabrics
- Chance to win the Magical Creatures Fabric Collection!
- Follow-the-Line Quilting Designs: Volume 5 by Mary M. Covey
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns