Learn to Make a Quilt From Start to Finish Online Class
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Learn to Make a Quilt From Start to Finish
Provided by Annie's Crafts
Reviewed by Kathryn Wright, editor of FaveQuilts.com
Anyone interested in learning how to quilt has to start from somewhere, and it can seem like a huge challenge. It doesn't have to be thanks to the Learn to Make a Quilt From Start to Finish online class offered by Annie's. The very talented and resourceful Nancy McNally will guide you through a two hour step-by-step look into all of the basics you'll need to know when it comes to prep, creation, and finishing. No matter how long you've been quilting, you'll be able to benefit from this quilting tutorial.
If you're brand new to the world of quilting, forget your nerves now, as instructor Nancy McNally introduces the video with a look into her personal background. You'll feel like you're sitting and having a one-on-one class is person, which will instantly make you feel better about starting your first pattern. You'll also be given initial tips about the tools and supplies you'll want to have available, and throughout the video, McNally carefully uses the materials and provides readers with plenty of tips on how to keep their cuts and seams clean while demonstrating on her sewing machine. Instead of just supplying information, this video also provides aesthetic and design know-how that will help you develop a better understanding about the importance of details and coordinating your fabrics. The video accommodates both visual learners who can watch McNally's technique and those who prefer to follow the instructions by word.
The Bric and Stone design used in the example also helps make this video particularly accessible to both new and advanced quilters. The visual design includes many common elements such as half square triangles that will get new quilters comfortable with the basic designs they'll frequently run into. The complementary colors also make the process of piecing, adding borders, and binding very clear when working with both sides of the pattern. At the same time, more experienced quilters can also enjoy a brand new quilt block design that will certainly come through with your own design touches and fabric choices.
Annie's has designed a truly user-friendly system. Each section is identified in your video window, so if you need to go back and review anything particular, all you'll need to do is click. You'll also find a list of materials, information about the class, and the "My Notebook" section that will allow you to send questions and feedback to instructor Nancy McNally.
This Learn to Make a Quilt From Start to Finish class from Annie's will be just like sitting in on a personal quilting lesson, and regardless of your skill level, you're bound to gain new insights, as well as have a gorgeous new quilt pattern to show off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make an adorable baby blanket in no time at all with this simple baby quilt pattern. With butterfly applique and a pink ruffle trim,… Continue reading: "Butterflies a Flutter Baby Quilt Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to win the Totally Spring Quilt Pattern!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Patchwork Among Friends: From Patterns to Potlucks
- Celebrate Seuss! Cuddle Quilt Kit
- Chance to win the Sugar Berry Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win the Art Gallery Fabrics Signature Fabric Collection!
- Sugar Sack Quilts
- Chance to win the Dandi Annie Fabric Collection!
- Win a Charming Circles Ruler!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hexi Log Cabin Quilt Block Pattern
- Stacked Squares Quilt Block Pattern
- Rising Star Quilt Block
- Stitchin' Heaven
- Simple Sew
- Hoffman Media / Classic Sewing Magazine
- Shamrock Shenanigan ~ A Scrappy Mini Quilt Pattern
- Single Snowflake
- Lumberjack Quilt — A Cozy Flannel Quilt Pattern
- Happy Heart Quilt — A Scrappy Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns