Harmony Fabric Collection Review
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Harmony Fabric Collection Review
Gifted by: Quilting Treasures
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Create a beautiful quilt with complementing colors and patterns! The Harmony Fabric Collection from Quilting Treasures works together seamlessly. The title "harmony" couldn't be more perfect!
Often when quilting, a person's major temptation may be throwing in a solid color to finish off a project. Solid colors work well for projects by offsetting a bold pattern, but you may be losing an excellent opportunity to add interest.
Enter Harmony. These prints feature subtle patterns that offset bolder prints beautifully while still adding their own little touch. From a distance, the smaller prints may give a solid appearance, but up close the prints can create a lovely texture for an otherwise flat swatch. Scroll down to see the orange examples of the four prints working together, well, harmoniously!
Take the Woven prints for example. These beautiful thatched designs can add a rustic, country texture to your quilt. The use of this fabric paired with your project makes me think picnic blanket, cowboys, pioneers, and more. Skipping this fabric for a solid print could be an unfortunate missed opportunity!
The Leaf prints evoke nature themes, of course. If you're creating a Log Cabin quilt, working in the Leaf fabric can add a lovely natural touch. You can evoke a "cabin in the woods" feel with the help of such a subtle print.
Last, both the Curly Scroll and Squares prints add a creative, wonky touch to any quilt project. I particularly love these prints for baby and kids quilts. Curly Scroll may also work well for a wrought-iron or grapevine effect on an elegant nature or architecture-themed quilt.
The heavy-lifting for your quilt patterns may be done through the use of bold prints, but small details make a world of difference. Use the prints found in the Harmony collection to add subtle interest to any quilt, or use them all together to create a beautiful pattern that softly moves from texture to texture.
Do you typically sing the melody or the harmony?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Soho Solids Fabric from Timeless Treasures
- At Home with Country Quilts: 13 Patchwork Patterns
- Clover Wedge Iron
- Chance to win the Big Batting Bundle Giveaway!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns