This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Shoofly Quilt Block
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Learn how to sew a Shoofly Quilt Block during week 2 of our Spring Block of the Week! This easy block is perfect for a beginning quilter!! Also learn a technique for making half square triangles within the directions for this week’s block!! The history of the Shoofly Quilt Block dates back to the mid-1800’s! This 9-patch block was named after a wild plant with rounded flowers called clover broom or shoofly. Another name for this quilt block is “Hole in the Barn Door”. No matter the name, this cute little block is super duper easy and fun to make!!! The finished block will measure 12 ½” x 12 ½” square."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextJudy Star Block Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Christmas Ornament Mini Quilt Pattern
- 13+ Free Winter Quilt Patterns
- 14+ Free Christmas Quilt Block Patterns
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- Christmas Ornaments With Stripes!
- Christmas Tree Mug Quilt Block Pattern
- Christmas Ornament Block With Friendship Stars
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns