American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
Variable Star Quilt Block
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Learn how to sew a Variable Star Quilt Block during week 7 of our Spring Block of the Week! Last week we learned about the Friendship Star Quilt Block. This Variable Star is also an easy star block and is perfect for a beginning quilter!! Also learn a technique for making a square tulip block within the directions for this week’s block!! This Variable Star Quilt Block uses squares and tulip squares to form the star. There are a lot of different star quilt blocks. Some are very intricate, but this is one of the easy stars to sew. The finished block will measure 12 ½” x 12 ½” square. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"I played around a lot with different designs that I wanted to use to really play up beautiful solids, but in the end, I just loved… Continue reading: "Four Square Free Quilting Patternvideocam"
- Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block
- Reverse Magic Nine Patch
- Anchorage Free Block Pattern
- Chevron Strip Tube Block
- Minnesota Nine Patch Block Tutorial
- Classic Ohio Star Quilt Block Pattern
- You Are Here Quilt Block
- Classic Nine Patch Block
- Nordic Heart Block Tutorial
- Scrappy Disappearing Nine Patch Block
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kristen Hubert
- Thanks For The Click!
- Birch Gnomes Table Runner Quilt
- Modern Improv Scrap Quilt
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- Vintage Christmas Sweater Mug Rug Pattern
- Homes For The Holidays Mini Quilt
- Scrappy Christmas Tree Mini Quilt
- Quilted Journal Cover - Any Size!
- Wild Geese Table Runner
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns