This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Half Square Triangles - 4 At A Time Method
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"Half square triangles are a foundational unit in piece quilting. They are used in a variety of ways. Many quilt blocks use half square triangles in their composition. There are several ways to make half square triangles. Learn how to make 4 at once with this easy method. That's right, start with two squares of fabric turn and turn it into 4 half square triangles. This easy method is a great way to make several Half square triangles at once."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size3 inches wide x 3 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextThe Basics of Trapunto Quilting
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt Pattern
While the little one is down for a nap, mix and match some of your favorite fat quarter quilt patterns and whip up an Afternoon Six… Continue reading: "Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt Pattern"
- Trapunto Quilting 101
- Celtic Square Block Pattern
- Lattice Square Quilt Block (Video Tutorial)
- How to Make a Bear Paw Quilt Block
- How to Make a Square in a Square Quilt Block
- Easy Drunkard's Path Quilt Pattern
- Video Tutorial: How to Make a Dresden Plate Quilt
- How to Design a Quilt on Graph Paper
- Purple Jam Quilt
- Learn How to Straight Line Quilt
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Book Quilt Block Mug Rug Pattern
- Garden Party Bunting Mug Rug Pattern
- Coffee Cabin Self-Binding Mug Rug Pattern
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns