15 Cute and Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Beginners
These unique baby quilt patterns work for baby showers, birthday, and just because!
There is nothing to hate about learning how to quilt with easy baby quilt patterns. These adorable free quilting patterns show you how to make the cutest quilts out there and take about half the time because they are so itty bitty! Whether you have a brand new baby in your family or want to find baby quilt ideas to give at your next baby shower, we have the most surprising, the hippest, the easiest, the quirkiest, and most of all the cutest baby quilt patterns for beginners.
This collection of baby quilt ideas is filled with quilt patterns for beginners. Your skill level does not matter. Whether you have been quilting for years or this is your first quilt, we have rounded up easy baby quilt patterns that just about anybody can sit down and make. 15 Cute and Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Beginners is your one-stop shop for baby quilt ideas that are sure to impress.
Instead of organizing these cute baby quilt ideas into how you make them, we have categorized these easy baby quilt patterns for beginners into what really matters to a new mom: the cuteness factor! Brand new moms always have a grand idea for their nursery theme.
Table of Contents
Inspired by Vintage Baby Quilt Patterns
If you are going to make a new baby quilt pattern for a baby that is on the way, you need to find easy baby quilt patterns that match the decor! The perfect baby quilt for your next project may be in this section or one of the others, but no matter what, you will find something special.
If the new mom in your life is into retro chic and is going to crazy for vintage ideas, learn how to make easy baby quilt patterns that have that cozy old-school style. Whether you are looking for some a funky retro quilt or something a little more traditional, you are sure to love one of these vintage-inspired easy baby quilt patterns.
- Magic Jelly Roll QuiltThis lovely pink quilt pattern for baby girls combines vintage style and jelly roll techniques to create an easy quilt that is truly a stunner.
- Sweetheart Vintage Sheet Baby QuiltUse up old scraps and turn them into a vintage wonder with this scrappy and vintage baby quilt idea.
- Vintage Hankie Quilt for BabyLearn how to take old hankies and turn them into a vintage baby quilt pattern grandma would love!
- Retro Baby Blocks BlanketLearn how to quilt up a lovely baby quilt that is oh so sixties with this free baby quilt pattern.
- Sixteen Patch Baby QuiltNothing says tradition like a simple quilt pattern and this piecing masterpiece is one for the memory books.
Animal Baby Quilt Patterns
If you are looking to make a free baby quilt pattern involving animals, you have come to the right place. Who doesn't love adorable animals? Baby or not, these are too sweet to pass up but they'll definitely fit in any baby's room.
Nothing says baby quilt ideas like a free quilt pattern that features a hint of wildlife. Babies love animals and new moms do too. Whether you want a silly circus quilt or a fishy under the sea baby quilt idea, these baby quilt patterns are some of the cutest available on FaveQuilts.
- Modern Tied Baby ComforterFind some cute jungle fabric and combine it with bright backing to make a quick baby quilt.
- Animal Pens Baby QuiltOld McDonald had a farm and you can too when you use this simple baby quilt pattern featuring pigs, cows, and more. If you're looking for an old MacDonald's farm quilt pattern, this is it!
- Circus is in Town QuiltMake every nap a party with this adorable circus baby quilt.
- Super Fast and Easy Baby BlanketCombining easy baby blanket patterns and animal fabric is the easiest way to add some wildlife to your quilting projects.
- Under the Sea QuiltFinding Nemo won’t be hard when you use baby quilt patterns like this aquatic cutie.
Geometric and Modern Baby Quilt Patterns
Whether that nursery is under the sea, at the circus, or decked out in old-school decor, the baby quilt ideas below are sure to do the trick! Look in the above sections or here to find that perfect pattern you will love!
Maybe you are not one to make cutesy free quilt patterns. Just because you are looking for free baby quilt patterns does not mean you have to sew up baby quilt ideas that are all tiny animals and pretty pastels. Some babies are more stylish. Check out these geometric and modern baby quilt patterns for something that is just a bit more contemporary.
- Big Star Baby BlanketGive the star of that nursery a baby quilt pattern that lets them shine with this big star quilt pattern.
- Jungle Path Baby QuiltUse some brightly colored charm packs and jelly rolls to make this colorful baby quilt idea.
- Quick Triangles Baby QuiltAdorn the crib with this easy quilt pattern for beginners.
- On The Go Baby QuiltAll signs point to you loving baby quilt ideas like this one. We love the arrow design on this one, especially because there are so many fabric choices that will look good for this pattern!
- Tetris Baby QuiltThis cool quilt pattern will also give you ample room to get creative with fabric choices. Baby quilts look great with pastel colors and polka dot patterned fabrics.
Baby Quilt Patterns: Should they be cute or practical?
Read NextPriscilla's Pink Pinwheel Quilt