This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Make A Rag Pillow
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Pillows are a perfect for learning a new sewing skill. They’re small & quick to make. As a quilter, I love making pillows to try new quilt idea. This rag pillow project is all about the surface texture that seems to be so popular in interior design boutiques. You’ll love the super simple rag seam technique that makes finishing this pillow a breeze. This is a very simple pillow to make that you can finish in an afternoon. Simply sew narrow fabric strips onto your pillow to create the frayed design. Once you begin to sew, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll be finished!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size18 inches wide x 18 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 2 fat quarters
- 1 yard fusible fleece
- Fabric scraps for strips
- 16" pillow form
- 14" Velcro 5/8" tape
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for a great DIY graduation gift for a scholar in your life, free quilting patterns are a creative and useful… Continue reading: "Graduation Keepsake Quilt for Her"
- Geometric Throw Pillow with Lapped Zip Back
- Quilted DIY Pillow
- Vintage Sheet Half Square Triangle Pillow
- Quarter Log Cabin Pillow Covers
- Patchwork Blossoms Pillow
- Make a Quilted Zipper Pillow
- Breast Cancer Awareness Pillow
- On-Point Triangles Pillow Pattern
- Easy Striped Euro Sham
- Denim Cathedral Window Pillow Part 1
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- The Perfect Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorial
- How To Sew Quilted Potholder Tutorial Pattern
- Solar System Mug Rug
- Old Glory Quilt Pattern
- Beginner Baby Cheater Quilt Pattern
- How To Make A Butterfly Garden Table Runner
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns