Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
Our Favorite Pillow Patterns: 25 DIY Quilted Pillows
Add the perfect finishing touch to your home with our collection of free pillow patterns and tutorials!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Looking for an easy way to start updating your home decor? Take a look at the patterns in Our Favorite Pillow Patterns 25 DIY Quilted Pillows, which includes several fun pillows to sew using standard quilting techniques.
Whether you're looking for some free applique patterns, patchwork patterns, or individual quilt blocks to match your spin on DIY designing, you'll find some very easy to sew pillow covers here. These pillow designs will help you add your own touch to any room in your home.
Plus! Want even more fun quilting projects delivered directly to your inbox? Be sure to sign up for our free eNewsletter, Piecing It Together!
Table of Contents
Applique Pillow Patterns
All of these pillow designs feature free applique patterns that you can attach on just about any pillow. These easy projects are a great way to become familiar with applique, and are excellent beginner quilting projects.
Use fusible applique on some colorful fabrics to help your home burst with color.
Made using the freezer paper applique technique, this DIY pillow is a quick home decor project that mixes traditional quilting with applique, and even comes with a printable applique template.
Make pillows for young children featuring an adorable elephant applique! It comes together in no time and makes a great handmade piece for decorating kids' rooms.
The Cross My Heart Appliqued Pillow is a super simple pillow case sewing pattern that you can make in just a few hours to decorate for Valentine's Day.
Free Patchwork Pillow Patterns
Another way to quilt pillow patterns is with patchwork quilt designs, similar to those you might use for starting a quilt. Patchwork quilting is a favorite for beginners, so if you're new to quilting, don't miss these simple tutorials for how to make a patchwork pillow.
Try something really different with the always eye-catching cathedral windows quilt pattern.
Complement both traditional and modern home decor styles with a string quilt pillow pattern full of geometric shapes and color.
Nothing has quite the same look as a rag quilt, pillow patterns included.
These are excellent designs for pillows if you're looking for style and comfort.
This design relies entirely on equilateral triangles that are large enough to show off the varied fabrics in these patchwork pillow covers.
If you're brand new to quilting and patchwork, free patchwork pillow patterns like this one are a great place to start.
Searching for more easy quilt projects to decorate your home? Be sure to download our free eBook today! DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
Scrap Pillow Patterns
If you're looking to go the extra mile with your thrifty quilting, try these scrapbusters. These DIY pillows are designed to help you clean out your fabric stash, so that you don't have to spend a dime on your DIY home decor.
You can decorate for any occasion with your old scrap collections.
Use floral scraps to make this adorable pillow!
Make fun pillow designs with an eye-popping explosion of color like othing you've ever seen before.
Seasonal and Holiday Pillow Patterns
If you're a quilter with the ambition to quilt a new set of pillow patterns every season, get a head start with these ideas. These holiday and seasonal decorative pillows will look completely charming in your living room or bedroom!
Add some beautiful Valentine's Day home decor to your home with this pretty in pink patchwork project.
You can take this summer quilt pillow anywhere.
A simple fall scene quilt pattern can be present throughout all of the holidays coming up in this season.
No matter what you're celebrating, there's a place for a snowy pillow pattern.
Looking for more simple patchwork projects? Don't miss our collection of beginner-friendly patchwork quilt patterns! 33 of Our Favorite Patchwork Quilt Patterns
Easy DIY Floor Cushions
Quilt some creative seating arrangements with one of these beautiful floor cushions! These DIY floor cushions are kid-friendly and parent-approved.
Do you prefer to spend a few hours or a few weeks on a quilting project? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
- Quarter Log Cabin Pillow Covers
- Easy Striped Euro Sham
- Geometric Throw Pillow with Lapped Zip Back
- Vintage Sheet Half Square Triangle Pillow
- Upcycled Rag Quilt DIY Pillow
- Quilted DIY Pillow
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Flower Garden Pillow Case
- Home State Pillow Tutorial
- Our Favorite Pillow Patterns: 25 DIY Quilted Pillows
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns