This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
How To Make Selvedge Fabric (make Fabric From Your Scraps Part 2)
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"The days of bland selvedge on fabric are long gone. Fabric companies are infusing creativity in the edges as well, making them exciting to sew with. In this tutorial, I’ll walk you through a fun way of how to make selvedge fabric. In addition, you’ll gain insight into making panels or pattern pieces of fabric to form quilt blocks, bag panels (or anything else you like!) from leftover fabric selvedge. This is an easy technique and a fun way to use up leftover bits of your fabric that you otherwise might throw away!"
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size6 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Fabric Scraps
- Layer of Batting or layer of fabric or foundation paper
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt Pattern
While the little one is down for a nap, mix and match some of your favorite fat quarter quilt patterns and whip up an Afternoon Six… Continue reading: "Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt Pattern"
- 36 Free Flying Geese Quilt Block Patterns
- Thanks For The Click!
- 19 Cathedral Window Quilt Patterns
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
- 21 Free Rail Fence Quilt Patterns
- 12 Inch Quilt Block Patterns
- 21 Amish Quilt Patterns
- 45+ Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- 35 Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns