Felt Poinsettia Coasters
Felt Poinsettia Coasters use stacked applique for festive coasters with a three-dimensional look and texture. This quilted coaster tutorial is a quick project you can tackle right before a Christmas party or other holiday gathering.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Green, red, white, and yellow felt
- Poinsettia patterns
- Sharpie marker
- Using the patterns, for each coaster cut 1 leaf base from green, 1 flower base from red or white, 6 petals from red or white, and 1 center from yellow. Notice that there is a dot on one of the petals on the leaf base and on the flower base. Use a pin to mark this petal - you'll be matching them up later on.
- Take the flower base and fold it into fourths. Mark the center with a Sharpie (don't worry - it won't show).
- Take one petal. Pin it onto the base so that the bottom point is on the center dot you made and the top point goes between two of the base petals. Sew into place as shown.
- Repeat with the other five petals.
- Pin the center onto the flower where the petals come together. Sew into place.
- Matching the petals on the leaf base and flower base that have a dot, pin the two bases together. Sew together by sewing along the edge of the petals on the flower base.
- Trim the leaf base as needed.
Read NextNo Bake Jolly Bar Quilt Pattern