We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Gifted by Zebra Patterns
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Debra Gabel started Zebra Patterns in 2000 to produce patterns and panels for colorful, graphic quilts. Zebra Patterns sells applique patterns featuring flowers, biblical scenes, and state and city postage stamps, among other motifs. In the FaveQuilts giveaway sponsored by Zebra Patterns, winners will receive six patterns, including the Chicago Citystamp Mini Panel, two Quilt Police Doll kits, a Hibiscus wallhanging pattern, a Noah's Ark wallhanging pattern, and a New York Citystamp wallhanging pattern.
All Zebra Patterns exhibit a lively use of color and bold, graphic shapes. This aesthetic makes Zebra Patterns easy to work with when making applique quilts. From bible stories to cityscapes, Zebra Patterns infuses every pattern with a wide range of colors and shades. Of course, the colorful samples on the front of each pattern may not represent the fabrics you choose to work with when making these patterns, but they serve as vivid inspiration for your own fabric choices.
The Noah's Ark pattern in this giveaway collection comes from the "In the Beginning" line of Zebra Patterns, which features twelve patterns depicting bible stories from the Old Testament. Each pattern can be used to create an individual wall hanging, or the patterns can be used together as blocks in a full-size quilt. The Noah's Ark pattern specifically shows the ark floating in a choppy sea with a rainbow and a dove overhead. The pattern includes applique templates to create the block using fusible applique techniques, although it can easily be adapted for hand applique methods. The pattern finishes as a 14" square block or a 20" square wallhanging.
Similarly, the Hibiscus pattern in the giveaway is a selection from the Zebra Patterns collection of floral patterns. Each pattern in this collection features a different flower in a 12" x 20" appliqued wall hanging. The flamboyant hibiscus flower is just one among the list of beautiful floral wall hangings you can make, including coreopsis, bleeding hearts, forget-me-nots, and speckled lilies. The patterns include both a sheet of applique templates and a positioning sheet that matches each applique template to its position by number.
The New York Citystamp pattern comes from a wide collection of patterns that showcase Debra Gabel's personal passion for travel. Each pattern is conceived as a postage stamp customized for different cities and states. The designs are available as full-sized fabric panels, mini panels (as in the Chicago Citystamp included in the giveaway), and applique wall hanging patterns. Show pride in your city or state with one of these beautiful postage stamp quilt patterns, or make a quilt with stamps for every state you have visited!
Other collections from Zebra Patterns include butterflies, birds, holiday houses, and an assortment of children's patterns. Zebra Patterns are available online or in your local quilt shop. You can even get a collection as a Block of the Month program!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Think Positive Quilt Pattern from Esch House Quilts
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Strip-Smart Quilts: 16 Designs from One Easy Technique
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Chance to win a FreeSpirit Fabric Collection!
- Omnigrid and Fons & Porter Rotary Cutting Supplies from Prym Consumer
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Chance to win the Aflutter Fabric Collection!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make an Outdoor Quilt
- Learn How to Straight Line Quilt
- Modern Quilted Christmas Stocking Pattern
- DIY Quilted Checkerboard Tutorial
- Beautiful and Modern Quilted Ornaments
- Soft and Breathable DIY Face Masks
- Versatile DIY Face Mask Pattern
- Free and Easy Striped Quilt Pattern
- Stepping Stones
- Churn Dash Quilt Block (in 4 Sizes!)
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns