Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Sweetheart Houses Quilt Pattern
Designed by Jennifer Bosworth from Shabby Fabrics
Gifted by Shabby Fabrics
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
The Sweetheart Houses quilt pattern from Shabby Fabrics is the perfect throw or wall hanging for Valentine's Day and more. Make the adorable applique quilt to celebrate Cupid's big day, or use it all year round to decorate a room with feminine charm.
This darling quilt pattern features nine blocks of variable size. Seven of the blocks show sweet houses in red, pink, and blue fabrics, each of which has a combination of window, door, and roof appliques that makes it completely one-of-a-kind. Picket fences, flower pots, and garden paths add special touches to a few of the house scenes. The other two applique blocks set off the center house block with an applique valentine and an applique flower pot full of heart-shaped flowers. Strips of miniature blocks separate the house blocks, interspersing the quilt with pinwheels, umbrellas, ladybugs, hearts, and flowers. The quilt is finished with a few strips of skinny sashing in red and pink fabrics and a wide floral border, making the final product 65" x 68".
Although this beautiful quilt top may seem complicated to create, the Sweetheart Houses quilt pattern makes it easy to finish this project, even for a beginner. The pattern includes a detailed materials list with a full-color fabric selection guide to help you find the correct amounts, colors, and patterns of fabric. For quilters who are unfamiliar with applique quilts, the pattern includes a step-by-step spray starch applique tutorial with clear, instructive photos for each step in the applique process. This helpful section of the pattern is provided so that even novice quilters can enjoy the Sweetheart Houses pattern. The rest of the pattern is divided into separate blocks, so quilters can break up the quilt into more manageable projects. Each block pattern comes with full-size applique templates that can be used for any applique method. The block-by-block structure of this pattern fits tidily in a block of the month program, in which quilters receive the necessary fabric for each block on a monthly basis. Quilters can sign up for the 10-month program, which begins in July 2012, on the Shabby Fabrics website.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern
- Quilter's Cutting Mat
- Quilts of Chestnut Ridge: Autumn at the Courthouse
- Twillium Fabric Collection
- Dynamic Quilts with Easy Curves: 19 Projects to Stack, Shuffle, and Sew
- QuiltCut2 Special Edition
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Jelly Babies: Adorable Quilts from 2-1/2-inch Strips
- Guidelines4Quilting Ruler Set
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 12 Inch Block Quilt Supplies
- A Visual Guide to Precuts
- What is a Quilting Bee?
- 18 Quilt Patterns for Christmas
- Layer Cake Disappearing 9-Patch Baby Quilt
- Sew Merry Table Topper Tutorial
- The Importance of Nesting Seams
- Ron Swanson Inspired Quilt Tutorial
- Chromatic Squares Quilt Pattern
- Blue Carolina Starburst Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns