We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Gifted By: Crosley-Griffith Publishing Company
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley, Editor for FaveQuilts
The forward in Judy Martin's Stellar Quilts begins, "[This] is a book about star quilts, but it is also a book about exceptional quilts." The book goes on to qualify that word, "exceptional," as meaning quilts that stand out, that are unique or distinct from the broad genre of "star quilts." But the patterns and designs in this book are also exceptional in the traditional sense of the word. They are, simply put, stellar.
The standout feature of any Judy Martin pattern book is the attention paid to tutelage, as well as design. Every book is an opportunity to further develop and master particular quilting skills; Martin doesn't expect her reader to simply whip up these designs. Stellar Quilts includes precise instruction for every question, from broad technique-based problems, like detailed explanations for perfect bindings, to pattern specifics. Martin understands that quilting is about the process as much as it is the final product, and her books reflect that notion.
Star quilts are among the most dynamic type of quilt designs, and in true Judy Martin form the designs in Stellar Quilts take the motif to its absolute upper limits in both complexity and beauty. Each quilt is utterly unique, even within the variations offered on a single pattern. From color schemes to quilt block layout, each pattern offers endless opportunities for a strikingly original quilt. Stellar Quilts is the type of book that will quickly become worn with repeated use. Don't even bother finding a place for it on the bookshelf; Stellar Quilts will undoubtedly find a home right next to your sewing machine.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you like star quilt patterns featuring the popular starflower block, you'll love this super quick Giant Vintage Starflower Quilt.… Continue reading: "Giant Vintage Starflower Quilt"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter for your chance to win the Happy Quilts! Book and Quilting Odds and Ends Bundle Giveaway!
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- 200 Blocks from Quiltmaker Magazine: Original Patterns from Today's Top Designers
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Enter to win a quilting book bundle!
- Chicopee Fabric Collection
- Lily Ashbury High Street Jelly Roll
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Circuits Circus Quilt Pattern
- 3D Doors Quilt
- How To Make A Bias Binding
- Scrappy Stars
- Quilted Wall Hanging From Scraps
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Coasters
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- Sulky of America
- Fat Quarter Organizer Bins
- Pumpkin Patch Easy Mini Quilt For Beginners
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns