Quilter's Starch Savvy
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Quilter's Starch Savvy
Gifted by: June Tailor
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Everyone knows the frustration of working with fabric that is too flexible. Suddenly your blocks are crooked and the binding is totally off and your quilt is not what you wanted it to be! It's time to take back control of your quilted projects. Stiffen up that fabric for precise quilting when you use Quilter's Starch Savvy! This formula from June Tailor helps stiffen up that fabric for neater cutting, pressing, and quilting each time.
The useful Quilter's Starch Savvy helps quilters in a variety of scenarios. If you prewash your fabric, the result can be some floppy cotton! Let Starch Savvy put the stiffness back in that fabric. When you are cutting triangles for making quilt blocks and you need two fabric swatches to hold firmly together, Starch Savvy works almost like glue; line up your fabric swatches, spray Starch Savvy, and iron. When you lift the fabric, the two swatches hold together which will ease your cutting and sewing experience.
Speaking of ironing, the process of using Starch Savvy is seriously simple. Just spray the starch on your fabric, wait a few seconds (just seconds!) for the starch to sink in and absorb into the fabric, and begin pressing. When you've finished ironing, the starch will have stiffened and you can proceed with the next step in your quilting process, be that cutting, sewing, binding, or quilting.
To recap: Quilter's Starch Savvy uses a fragrance free formula and it will not flake. It stiffens fabric to avoid distortion and eases movement when machine sewing. It is an absolute staple supply that every quilter should have in their stash.
Next time you struggle with the disappointment of imperfect seams, bunched up fabric, and jagged cutting, give Quilter's Starch Savvy a try. Starch will certainly save you some heartache!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a little sunshine to your day with this simply gorgeous Sunshine Texas Star Block Pattern. This free quilt block pattern is the… Continue reading: "Sunshine Texas Star Block Patternvideocam"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Chance to win a FreeSpirit Fabric Collection!
- Quilting Those Flirty 30s
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Ruler Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns