Perfect Fit: Pieced Borders
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Perfect Fit: Pieced Borders
Gifted by Martingale
Reviewed by Kathryn Wright, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Do you find your borders plain? Then maybe it's time for you to reexamine your approach and see border patterns in a whole new way with Sheila Sinclair Snyder's Perfect Fit Pieced Borders. This book isn't just about adding solid patterns to the end of your quilt you'll learn how to truly complement your designs, panels, and applique pieces with a variety of options. With 12 different quilt patterns, coming up with a better and bolder border will be a piece of cake!
You can see from the introduction that this book will make a special addition to your quilting paperback collection. If you've never really noticed the intricacy that comes with choosing an appropriate quilt border, you will immediately after reading the introduction. Sinclair Snyder outlines her four major points when it comes to creating a border, and provides examples for quilters to get an understanding. She also uses the patterns within the book itself as examples in the introduction, which means you can learn to apply these techniques and tips on the same day you finish the book.
When it comes to patterns, quilters can expect only the best from Perfect Fit. Not only can readers expect thorough instructions that spend time focusing on every part of the process from gathering materials to finishing the quilt, but also personalized insight for each individual approach the author takes to her quilt designs. You won't just be making random borders for these quilts; you'll be learning how to train your eye when looking for what colors and shapes best highlight the beauty of your newest quilt pattern.
If you're looking for a book that not only gives you high quality patterns, but also instruction that will help your quilting grow, don't pass up on Perfect Fit: Pieced Border.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to win The New Hexagon Perpetual Calendar!
- Animal Print Cuddle Quilt Kit
- Downton Abbey Fabric Bundles
- Follow-the-Line Quilting Designs: Volume 5 by Mary M. Covey
- Chance to win the Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern!
- Red, White, and Sometimes Blue: Classics from McCall's Quilting
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Berry Patch Quilt
- Easy Sailboat Quilt
- X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
- Easy Cross Sawtooth Star Block
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- Easy Pinwheel Sawtooth Star
- Make A Cushion Cover From An Orphan Block (with Lazy Zipper Hacks)
- Star In A Star
- State Fair Quilt
- BERNINA B-325 Sewing Machine
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns