Perfect Fit: Pieced Borders
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Perfect Fit: Pieced Borders
Gifted by Martingale
Reviewed by Kathryn Wright, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Do you find your borders plain? Then maybe it's time for you to reexamine your approach and see border patterns in a whole new way with Sheila Sinclair Snyder's Perfect Fit Pieced Borders. This book isn't just about adding solid patterns to the end of your quilt you'll learn how to truly complement your designs, panels, and applique pieces with a variety of options. With 12 different quilt patterns, coming up with a better and bolder border will be a piece of cake!
You can see from the introduction that this book will make a special addition to your quilting paperback collection. If you've never really noticed the intricacy that comes with choosing an appropriate quilt border, you will immediately after reading the introduction. Sinclair Snyder outlines her four major points when it comes to creating a border, and provides examples for quilters to get an understanding. She also uses the patterns within the book itself as examples in the introduction, which means you can learn to apply these techniques and tips on the same day you finish the book.
When it comes to patterns, quilters can expect only the best from Perfect Fit. Not only can readers expect thorough instructions that spend time focusing on every part of the process from gathering materials to finishing the quilt, but also personalized insight for each individual approach the author takes to her quilt designs. You won't just be making random borders for these quilts; you'll be learning how to train your eye when looking for what colors and shapes best highlight the beauty of your newest quilt pattern.
If you're looking for a book that not only gives you high quality patterns, but also instruction that will help your quilting grow, don't pass up on Perfect Fit: Pieced Border.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"This quilt is a fun way to use a fat quarter bundle. I love the look of subway tiles and I wanted to replicate that look on a quilt… Continue reading: "Subway Tile Inspired Quilt Top"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Quick Change
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Soho Solids Fabric from Timeless Treasures
- Arctic Ice Quilter's Slidelock
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tropical Trails Quilt
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern
- Bright Bits Modern Mini Quilt
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Winterberry Pinwheel Quilt
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- Gorgeous Gift Box Table Runner Pattern
- Cozy Cabins Wall Quilt Pattern
- Quick Halloween Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns