Mochi Mochi Fiber Art Quilt Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Mochi Mochi Fiber Art Mini Quilt Patterns
"Moon Lotus," "Kimono Blossom," and "Iris Waterfall"
Gifted by Mochi Mochi Fiber Art
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Mochi Mochi Fiber Art is a collaboration between quilt designer Bergen Rose and painter Keiichi (Ted) Nishimura. Mochi Mochi Fiber Art's quilt patterns are fiber translations of Ted's paintings, inspired by Japanese artwork. Each 16" x 16" Asian-inspired art quilt pattern depicts a beautiful natural scene offset by a neutral print border. Cranes and flowers are common themes in Mochi Mochi Fiber Art quilt patterns. Most of the quilt designs are achieved with fusible appliques, making them accessible even to beginning quilters. Mochi Mochi Fiber Art quilt patterns provide a way for aspiring art quilters to experiment with fused art quilts without the pressure to create their own designs. With Mochi Mochi patterns, even your first art quilt will be beautiful enough to display in your home!
Moon Lotus: This gorgeous 16" x 16" art quilt pattern celebrates the beauty of a lotus flower emerging from mud and water. A silvery moon and a faint mountain silhouette in the distance give the piece a broad sense of time and space. The background of sky and water in the quilt is pieced, while the flowers, moon, and other elements are appliqued. The pattern includes full-size templates for each applique. Iridescent bonding powder, silk, and tulle are suggested as additional embellishments to represent mist, fog, water, and clouds.
Kimono Blossom: Piecework and applique combine to create a beautiful perspective in this scenic 16" x 16" art quilt pattern. Under the close-up splendor of a flowering tree, a stream and cobblestone path stretch into the horizon. A woman in a kimono walks along the path in the far left corner. The tree and woman are appliqued onto a pieced background that makes up the grass, path, stream, and sky. An ivory silk overlay is an optional addition to give the surface of the stream a realistic glimmer. This miniature quilt captures the essence of spring with its dark pink blossoms and bright green grass.
Iris Waterfall: Mochi Mochi Fiber Art designed this miniature art quilt pattern to represent bravery. Irises are a symbol of courage, and they figure prominently in the 16" x 16" quilt. The lifelike irises are created with appliques against a pieced background. Decorative quilting on the background pieces helps to give the clouds, sky, and water extra character. A tiny red dragonfly applique provides a bold counterpoint to the cool colors in this art quilt. The pattern suggests a blue sheer overlay to give the waterfall added texture.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Win a Brushstrokes Fabric Bundle from Studio e!
Chance to win the Pout Pout Fish Fabric Collection!
Chance to win the Riley Blake Tarzanimals Fabric Collection!
Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Quilt Pattern Giveaway!
Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
Chance to win Ankara and Lace Zara Fabric!
Make Your First Quilt from Leisure Arts
Win an Olfa Folding Cutting Mat!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Reliable Corporation
- OVO 150GT Travel Iron & Garment Steamer
- Beautiful Butterfly Quilt Pattern
- Bohemian Sunrise Quilted Tapestry
- James and the Giant Peach Panel Quilt Pattern
- Gorgeous Gingham Baby Quilt Pattern
- Merry Go Round Quilted Potholder Pattern
- Sweet Gingham Star Block
- Nine Patch Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mini Barn Star Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns