- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Leilani Arts Silk Sari Ribbon
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
Leilani Arts Silk Sari Ribbon
Gifted by: Leilani Arts
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley, editor for FaveQuilts
Oftentimes what a quilt comes down to - what really makes it unique and special - are the embellishments. Without those personal flourishes, a quilt is just a series of instructions sewn together. All the best blankets have a touch of their maker in them, and Leilani Arts' Silk Sari Ribbon allows you to add just that to your next quilt.
Each skein of Sari Ribbon is totally unique. These beautiful fabric bundles are remnants of gorgeous, vibrant silk saris made in India and sewn together by a women's cooperative for resale. Add a flush of foreign flavor to your next quilt with a skein of this beautiful fabric, as applique, scrap pieces, or even binding. Each skein contains approximately 75 yards of silk, so you will be able to put even just one of these bundles to good use.
Sewing with silk can be a bit tricky, so be sure that your scissors or rotary cutter is very sharp. It's also best not to take the pin marking shortcut for marking, because pins can be damaging to silk fabric. Otherwise, the material is incredibly easy to work with, and will make all the difference to your finished quilt. The deep, bold colors in the Leilani Arts Silk Sari Ribbon will bring out the hues of your fabric and give the whole quilt a richer, stronger look. Give your next pattern a special touch to set it apart with one of these stunning skeins.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block
The Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block is easily one of the most striking Irish chain quilt patterns you'll see today. This… Continue reading: "Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Win a Peppered Cottons Jelly Roll!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Jubilee Fabric Whitewash Kit Review
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to win the Altiora Fabric Collection!
- Downton Abbey Fabric Bundles
- Ocean View Quilt Pattern from Studio e
- Chance to win Dragonskin Resize-It Templates!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Book Quilt Block Mug Rug Pattern
- Garden Party Bunting Mug Rug Pattern
- Coffee Cabin Self-Binding Mug Rug Pattern
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns