Leilani Arts Silk Sari Ribbon
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Oftentimes what a quilt comes down to - what really makes it unique and special - are the embellishments. Without those personal flourishes, a quilt is just a series of instructions sewn together. All the best blankets have a touch of their maker in them, and Leilani Arts' Silk Sari Ribbon allows you to add just that to your next quilt.
Each skein of Sari Ribbon is totally unique. These beautiful fabric bundles are remnants of gorgeous, vibrant silk saris made in India and sewn together by a women's cooperative for resale. Add a flush of foreign flavor to your next quilt with a skein of this beautiful fabric, as applique, scrap pieces, or even binding. Each skein contains approximately 75 yards of silk, so you will be able to put even just one of these bundles to good use.
Sewing with silk can be a bit tricky, so be sure that your scissors or rotary cutter is very sharp. It's also best not to take the pin marking shortcut for marking, because pins can be damaging to silk fabric. Otherwise, the material is incredibly easy to work with, and will make all the difference to your finished quilt. The deep, bold colors in the Leilani Arts Silk Sari Ribbon will bring out the hues of your fabric and give the whole quilt a richer, stronger look. Give your next pattern a special touch to set it apart with one of these stunning skeins.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a little sunshine to your day with this simply gorgeous Sunshine Texas Star Block Pattern. This free quilt block pattern is the… Continue reading: "Sunshine Texas Star Block Patternvideocam"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Chance to win a FreeSpirit Fabric Collection!
- Quilting Those Flirty 30s
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Ruler Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns