Learn to Sew Easy Curves: Fast and Flawless Results Using Faced Appliques
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
In Learn to Sew Easy Curves: Fast and Flawless Results Using Faced Appliques, Jen Eskridge shares an interesting way to create the look of a curved seam with faced appliqué – perfect for quilts or any craft sewing project. She takes her cue from garment sewing by using facing fabric to create a neatly finished edge to a curvy shape.
Eskridge gives you the steps to create four different kinds of faced appliqué – single, double, reverse and closed – giving you lots of options for using this technique in a variety of designs. She includes patterns for six adorable modern-style quilts, as well as three super cute home décor projects. There are also some general quilt-making instructions in the back of the book, making it great for beginners.
She makes a lot of bold, colorful fabric choices, which are wonderful – one of my favorites is the Stacked Circles Quilt. I’m all about creative shortcuts and making things easier and faster – so this book gets a thumbs-up!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you want to make a cute quilted baby blanket for an upcoming shower, then follow this free tutorial to create a Super Fast and Easy… Continue reading: "Super Fast and Easy Baby Blanket"
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- Simple Beginner Quilts from Leisure Arts
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Another Bite of Schnibbles by Carrie Nelson
- Learn to Sew Easy Curves: Fast and Flawless Results Using Faced Appliques
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to Win a Fat Quarter Storage Bag!
- Madhuri Fabric Collection from Riley Blake Designs
- English Paper Piecing: Fresh New Quilts from Bloom Creek by Vicki Bellino
- Follow-the-Line Quilting Designs: Volume 5 by Mary M. Covey
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilt-as-you-go Denim Throw Quilt
- Qayg Denim Quilt Blocks (use Up Your Quilt Binding Scraps Too!)
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- Charming Quilted Square Tablecloth Pattern
- American Flag Quilt Block Pattern
- Charming Scrappy Pinwheel Pattern
- Diy Finger Thumb Mitts
- Granny Love Quilt Pattern
- Charming Framed Pinwheel Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns