Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Kaleidoscope Kreator 3
Gifted by Kaleidoscope Collections
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 is a digital photo editing program that allows you to turn any photo or image into a kaleidoscope. Save the image and print it on printable fabric to create intricate, beautiful quilt blocks. These printed kaleidoscopes look so realistic from a distance that other quilters will be impressed by your amazing piecework skills. Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 is your secret weapon for designing and making beautiful quilts with complex patterns!
Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 is easy to install and use on your home computer. Within a few minutes of inserting the CD in your disc drive, your Kaleidoscope Kreator will be up and running! You can then browse your files and open any image you have stored on your computer. Whether you choose family photos, pictures of your garden, or abstract art, your kaleidoscope is sure to look very different than the original image, so make sure you try all different kinds of photos to see what kind of effect you get.
Once you have selected a photo, Kaleidoscope Kreatore 3 allows you to choose from over 65 wedge shapes that will determine which part of your image is used in the kaleidoscope. You can then resize and reposition your image so that the wedge encloses the part of the image you would like to use. The wedges are divided into 12 different categories describing the end shape they will produce, including Celtic Cross, Circle, Flower, Lace, Lotus, Northern Star, Pinwheel, Quilter's Star, Scallop. Square, Star, and Sun Rays. Within each family of shapes, you can choose how many times the wedge will repeat (6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 0r 20). Combined with the fact that you can use any part of any image, these kaleidoscope options make the possibilities of this software endless!
The default setting for Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 is to repeat each wedge as a mirror image of the wedge next to it. This allows lines and shapes to connect to each other at even points to create new patterns. However, you can also switch to Pinwheel mode, which will repeat wedges with each wedge facing the same direction. This creates a more fractured look with clearer divisions between the wedges. The effect can be quite intriguing depending on which image you start with.
After you create a kaleidoscope that you like, you can create a background that sets off the colors and patterns in your design. You can choose any color in any shade to color your background. Then select a texture to give your background depth. You can then save your image and print it on whatever you like. Print your kaleidoscope on paper to make fascinating scrapbook layouts or psychedelic cards, or print your designs on treated fabric or printable fabric to make your own fabric prints. These kaleidoscopes make wonderful centers for medallion quilts or beautiful squares for block quilts.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Journey around the world with a throw quilt pattern that's incredibly beginner friendly and is easy to design with this Bon Voyage… Continue reading: "Bon Voyage Throw Quilt Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- 110 Quilted Potholders
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Chance to win James and the Giant Peach Fabric Collection!
- Enter the Downton Abbey Fat Quarter Bundles Giveaway!
- 50 Any-Size Travel Blocks
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Chance to win Fiskars Total Control Non-Stick Scissors!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bright Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit
- Heart Block Pillow Pattern
- How To Sew A Four Patch Quilt Block
- Easy Half Square Triangles
- Bargello Placemats
- Valentine Mug Rug
- Quilted Zipper Pouch
- Quilted Boho Pillow Tutorial
- Quiet Book Of Colors
- No Bake Jolly Bar Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns