Handmade Wooden Point Press
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Handmade Wooden Point Press
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Jackson's Woodworks is a fine family-owned company that offers quality products for sewers and quilters. Each product is handmade in the U.S. out of solid hardwood, so you know you're getting a durable product. Products like a Tailor's Board, a Ham Holder, Tailor's Clappers and Point Turners are what you'll find at Jackson's Woodworks, but what I'm intrigued about is the Point Press.
The Point Press is a beautiful piece of unfinished wood that every sewer needs to have in their collection. With a valuable tool like this you may never want to use an iron again. The top narrow surface of the point presser side acts like an ironing board; with this you can press difficult seams that are tough to reach, as well as enclosed corners on cuffs, collars and lapels. The bottom clapper side applies pressure to set permanent creases for crisp edges. When I was younger and had that crisp crease down the middle of my pant leg I didn't understand why it had to be there, but being older now and having this tool is pure perfection. The Point Press also flattens bulky seams so you will always look your finest.
Just by looking at the Point Press you might not understand quite how it works, but it is fascinating. All you need to do is apply steam to the area you want to flatten or make crisp, press on the clapper and apply as much pressure as you can. You'll want to hold your position until the fabric and wood have both cooled and voila.
The Point Press itself may vary in color depending on the variations of the wood being used, but that's what makes this product so unique; no two will be exactly the same. This truly is something every sewer needs and you'll be amazed every time.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Win a Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Omnigrid and Fons & Porter Rotary Cutting Supplies from Prym Consumer
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake Wildflower Fabric Stacker!
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Extraordinary Log Cabin Quilts
- Patchwork Among Friends: From Patterns to Potlucks
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns