Indochine Collection from Dear Stella Design
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Indochine Fabric Collection
By Dear Stella Design
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
This gorgeous fabric collection from Dear Stella Design combines rich browns, blues, and creams for a sophisticated line that feels just right whether you're making home decor, quilts, or clothing. Indochine is inspired by Southeast Asia in the French colonial period, with prints named after exotic locales in Indonesia.
The star of the Indochine line is a cream fabric with a large botanical print in chocolate brown and royal blue titled Bali. Its unusual prints were influenced by vintage documents from the region, giving it an alluring mix of traditional and foreign elements. Stylized flowers and leaves reminiscent of European design mingle with more graphic Indochinese stars and symbols. The larger prints in the collection echo these patterns with tiles of X's, stars, and pin dots in small groupings against cream and blue backgrounds. The prints carry the names of towns in Bali, including Sanur, Kuta, and Lombak, revealing their source of inspiration.
The smaller prints in the Indochine collection are quite subtle, with sketchy designs in only two colors. Two prints titled 'Squiggles" give the impression of rough, hand-woven fabric, while another two prints are covered in brushy, cream leaves and fronds. The final print in the collection is a bold, striped ikat with varied lines of royal blue and chocolate brushed across a cream background. You can't help but think of the seashore when you look at it.
The Indochine line, with its deep neutrals and elegant blue, is a beautiful collection of fabrics for quilts. Whether you make a lap quilt to toss on the couch or a grand bed quilt for your master suite, this combination of colors and patterns will add interest to your space without screaming for attention. Just the fat quarters themselves would make lovely quilted pillows or placemats, even as whole cloth pieces!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- 110 Quilted Potholders
- Chance to Win a Fat Quarter Storage Bag!
- Win the Language of Flowers Block of the Month Quilt Pattern!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake "Someday" Fabric Stacker!
- Win a quilting book bundle!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- 200 Blocks from Quiltmaker Magazine: Original Patterns from Today's Top Designers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kristen Hubert
- Thanks For The Click!
- Birch Gnomes Table Runner Quilt
- Modern Improv Scrap Quilt
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- Vintage Christmas Sweater Mug Rug Pattern
- Homes For The Holidays Mini Quilt
- Scrappy Christmas Tree Mini Quilt
- Quilted Journal Cover - Any Size!
- Wild Geese Table Runner
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns