We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Have you ever seen something out of the corner of your eye—a shape, a color, an object—and immediately been inspired to make something? That's the premise behind Dana Bolyard's Imagine Quilts: Patterns from Everyday Inspirations. Bolyard takes play and improvisation to a whole new level with her quilt designs, creating incredibly fresh patterns that would look just right in any home.
Some of Bolyard's quilts are fabric-inspired; both "Elephant Parade" and "Warm and Cool Log Cabin" were inspired by shifting through her own fabric stash. Others are playful twists on traditional designs, like "Three Wheeling," (new pinwheels) "Zip It!" (new triangles) and "Princess Crowns" (new dresden plates). Some designs she pulls from the world around her—the "Patchwork Whale" quilt looks like it could swim off the quilt and into your studio. And others, such as "Kite Strings" exude a real joy of quilting.
The tutorials in Imagine Quilts are beautiful, easy to understand, and clearly laid out. Bolyard does an excellent job pairing graphics and images with clear instructions. Every time you hit a snag in your quilting, Bolyard is there with a hint or a tip to get you back on track. If you're a quilter who's been at it for years, and you need a quick shot to your creativity bone, Imagine Quilts is the book you've been waiting for!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Journey around the world with a throw quilt pattern that's incredibly beginner friendly and is easy to design with this Bon Voyage… Continue reading: "Bon Voyage Throw Quilt Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilts of Chestnut Ridge: Autumn at the Courthouse
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Chance to win the Dandi Annie Fabric Collection!
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Zebra Patterns
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Ombre Dots and Lola Textures Pre-Cuts from Quilting Treasures
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns