Fons & Porter Kickin' Back Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
You know those glorious non-agenda days, where all you want to do is turn on the TV and kick back on the sofa? This book is filled with patterns for throw-size quilts that make your sofa-surfing soooo much nicer.
Marianne Fons and Liz Porter have put together their favorite lap quilts from top designers that include both easy and challenging designs. You’ll want to make one for everyone in the family – they’ll look so cute, all stacked together on a bench or rolled up in a large basket.
This book includes sweet-n-scrappy patterns to use up leftover bits of fabric, as well as more sophisticated designs to show off the best of your stash. I really love the Garden of Simple Delights strip quilt by Lynn Kraus (page 110). I love how easy continuous strip-piecing is, plus the piecing and quilting are done together in one step, which I think is pretty clever. The other cool thing about this quilt is the hand embellishing – use embroidery floss or rickrack to create some traveling vines across the quilt’s surface.
Marianne and Liz post lots of their helpful Sew Smart tips throughout the whole book, and they give you all the diagrams and templates you need. You’ll also learn some great techniques like making tilted blocks and set-in seams in the Sew Easy lessons section.
You know what the best part of making one of these quilts is? When you’re all done and you can relax underneath it with your favorite cup of tea and a good book…or your favorite cocktail and a streaming video on the tablet…your choice!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Win a Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Omnigrid and Fons & Porter Rotary Cutting Supplies from Prym Consumer
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake Wildflower Fabric Stacker!
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Extraordinary Log Cabin Quilts
- Patchwork Among Friends: From Patterns to Potlucks
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns