Fons & Porter Easy Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Make a quilt in a weekend or less…this book is for all you shortcut-lovers, with larger blocks, strip sets and easy patchwork. Beginners will gain skills and confidence and experienced quilters will enjoy making these quilts as gifts – there are designs that will appeal to any man, woman, teen or kid.
Marianne Fons and Liz Porter have gathered up their favorite quick quilts from all three design camps - traditional, contemporary and modern. There are some fun holiday-themed quilts to show off your novelty fabrics, as well as great basic designs with blocks like Jacob’s Ladder, Irish Chain and Log Cabin. I really like the variety of colorways and pattern combinations shown in these patterns – from quiet low-contrast neutrals, to busy patterns that magically nest together, to bright and bold colors that pop against black or white.
I fell in love with the Color Wave quilt by Nancy Mahoney (page 112). I can't even wait to make it for my living room wall! It’s a magnificent giant swirl of circles, using small print patterns that read as solids against a dark sea of black. It’s easy because it’s made with fusible appliqué and it’s fun because you can arrange lots of different size circles in assorted colors however you want.
You get some of the trademark Sew Easy lessons too – like making yo-yos and using Tri-Recs tools. This is the book you want to bring to your next weekend quilting retreat – arrive with an armload of fabric and leave with a beautiful finished quilt!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Soho Solids Fabric from Timeless Treasures
- At Home with Country Quilts: 13 Patchwork Patterns
- Clover Wedge Iron
- Chance to win the Big Batting Bundle Giveaway!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns