Fons & Porter Easy Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Make a quilt in a weekend or less…this book is for all you shortcut-lovers, with larger blocks, strip sets and easy patchwork. Beginners will gain skills and confidence and experienced quilters will enjoy making these quilts as gifts – there are designs that will appeal to any man, woman, teen or kid.
Marianne Fons and Liz Porter have gathered up their favorite quick quilts from all three design camps - traditional, contemporary and modern. There are some fun holiday-themed quilts to show off your novelty fabrics, as well as great basic designs with blocks like Jacob’s Ladder, Irish Chain and Log Cabin. I really like the variety of colorways and pattern combinations shown in these patterns – from quiet low-contrast neutrals, to busy patterns that magically nest together, to bright and bold colors that pop against black or white.
I fell in love with the Color Wave quilt by Nancy Mahoney (page 112). I can't even wait to make it for my living room wall! It’s a magnificent giant swirl of circles, using small print patterns that read as solids against a dark sea of black. It’s easy because it’s made with fusible appliqué and it’s fun because you can arrange lots of different size circles in assorted colors however you want.
You get some of the trademark Sew Easy lessons too – like making yo-yos and using Tri-Recs tools. This is the book you want to bring to your next weekend quilting retreat – arrive with an armload of fabric and leave with a beautiful finished quilt!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Forget about blah and boring and go for an explosion of color for your next quilt project with this Color Explosion Flying Geese… Continue reading: "Color Explosion Flying Geese Tutorial"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- 200 Blocks from Quiltmaker Magazine: Original Patterns from Today's Top Designers
- Omnigrid and Fons & Porter Rotary Cutting Supplies from Prym Consumer
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Mochi Mochi Fiber Art Quilt Patterns
- Arctic Ice Quilter's Slidelock
- Scrap-Basket Beauties: Quilting with Scraps, Strips, and Jelly Rolls
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tropical Trails Quilt
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern
- Bright Bits Modern Mini Quilt
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Winterberry Pinwheel Quilt
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- Gorgeous Gift Box Table Runner Pattern
- Cozy Cabins Wall Quilt Pattern
- Quick Halloween Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns