Fons & Porter Batik Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
What is it about batiks that is so darn yummy? For me, I think it’s all about the hand-dyed look, without any repeat patterns. In Batik Quilts, Marianne Fons and Liz Porter share a couple dozen of their favorite quilts made with batiks. I really like seeing how all the rich colors work together within a variety of traditional and contemporary settings.
Batik fabric really adds a lot of depth and contrast to a quilt. It’s so warm and inviting, too - makes you feel like you can just sink right into it. Whether you want to work with bright turquoise and brilliant orange, create unique gradating patterns, or blend lots of similar tones together, this book is filled with gorgeous quilt patterns from many talented designers that you’re sure to love. There are some figurative designs - flowers, horses and sailboat in the sunset - in addition to a nice variety of repeating block designs.
You also get eight of Fons and Porters’ signature Sew Easy lessons that will show you how to cut and piece curves, bind uneven edges, work with Shiva Artist Paintstiks and more.
My favorite in this book is the cheerful Sunflowers wallhanging quilt by Shelly Stokes (page 92). It starts with simple squares in a window pane pattern with super bright colors. What makes it extra special are the sunflowers stenciled all over with Paintstiks. This quilt is bold, colorful and contemporary - it’s a striking statement piece for any room.
“Paradise” is defined as an idyllic place or state of mind. Batiks do indeed have a way of captivating us, don’t they?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Soho Solids Fabric from Timeless Treasures
- At Home with Country Quilts: 13 Patchwork Patterns
- Clover Wedge Iron
- Chance to win the Big Batting Bundle Giveaway!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns