Flock Together Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Flock Together Fabric Collection
Gifted by: FreeSpirit Fabric
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Birds of a feather flock together! This charming new Flock Together Fabric Collection from FreeSpirit Fabric includes darling designs for your next quilt, tote, dress, or any sewing project you'd like! FreeSpirit Fabrics does specialize in quilting fabrics, and quilters will not be disappointed by the quality of this fabric as well as the designs found in this beautiful collection.
Designer Kathy Doughty has worked in the quilting industry for over twelve years and has drawn on her experience to design a collection that meets the needs of both modern and traditional quilting enthusiasts. Eighteen prints are included in this beautiful collection, and the prints are divided into three colorways: Pretty, Traditional, and Contemporary. However, as you can see by the photo on the left, these prints can all work together beautifully regardless of colorway!
One of the featured prints in this collection includes birds perched on swirling branches, creating a charming repeated pattern that engages the eye! This print easily can stand alone for a project or coordinate with the other beautiful prints in this collection. The paisley flowers print is another favorite of mine, particularly with the orange background. This print simply invites quilters and sewists to individually fussy cut the flowers for applique! These flowers along with some of the other floral prints in this collection serve as great background prints as well for quilting or sewing patterns.
The fabrics in this collection with columns of coordinating prints called Decorative Stripe are a real treat. You can cut these strips into jelly roll strips and use them within your project for lovely bordering opportunities.
I just love the way paisley is worked into the floral prints in this collection to create a vintage flair! There are so many patterns within patterns in the prints. When you look closely at the birds, you'll see their features are filled in with polka dots and zig zag lines! Many of the flowers have star prints in the centers, and the paisley flowers have polka dot prints within, too. A person could stare at this fabric for hours, let alone the quilt made with the pretty prints!
For a charming take on both traditional and modern quilting, use the fabrics in the Flock Together Fabric Collection. No matter which colorwork you choose, your quilt is sure to apply to enthusiasts of the classic and contemporary.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Enter to win a quilting book bundle!
- Simple Appeal
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Quilt Pattern Giveaway!
- Chance to win the Ocean Waves Quilt Kit!
- Strip-Smart Quilts: 16 Designs from One Easy Technique
- English Paper Piecing II
- Strip-Smart Quilts II: 16 Triangle Quilts with One Easy Technique
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Foxy Gnomes Quilt And Pillow Patterns
- Charming Pastel Half Square Mini Quilt Pattern
- Make a Quilted Zipper Pillow
- Envelope Pillow Cover Pattern
- Stars Hollow Quilted Christmas Ornament Pattern
- Quilted Oven Mitt Tutorial
- Free Quilted Sleep Mask Tutorial
- Temperature Quilt
- Seasonal Weather Quilt Blocks
- Octo Owl Placemat
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns