Chicopee Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Chicopee Fabric Collection
Designed by Denyse Schmidt for FreeSpirit Fabrics
Gifted by Denyse Schmidt Quilts
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
The Chicopee fabric line by Denyse Schmidt Quilts for FreeSpirit Fabrics is a lavish collection of colorful prints that will bring you back to the 70s. Plaids, graphic florals, and geometric prints in warm and cool color schemes keep this collection of 26 quilting cottons groovy.
Denyse Schmidt designed Chicopee with her memories of her school years in Massachusetts in mind, drawing inspiration from her favorite television shows and celebrities of the 1970s. Many of the prints and colors are drawn from fashion and art from that era, giving the line a distinctive retro feel. The 26 fabrics of Chicopee are divided into two different color schemes, focusing on warm and cool shades. The cool scheme incorporates turquoise, chartreuse, and black in a variety of different prints, while the warm scheme combines hot pink, dark orange, and purple. Although the two color schemes look gorgeous in their respective palettes, the fabrics also mix well together, with the oranges and turquoises and purples and chartreuses complementing each other perfectly. This makes for a versatile line with endless possibilities for print and color combination.
Just to show how versatile the Chicopee collection can be, Denyse Schmidt has also designed the Cog + Wheel quilt pattern to showcase these beautiful fabrics. The pattern consists of oversize blocks with colorful wheels that look just like cogs. This makes the quilt feel both traditional and modern all in one look. The pattern includes instructions for making the quilt in four sizes from Baby to King and also provides instructions for making a matching sham. The simple but cheerful pattern looks right at home whether you drape it over the crib in a nursery or spread it over the mattress in your master bedroom.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to win the Urban Garden Fabric Collection!
- Win a quilting book bundle!
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter
- Win a Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser!
- QuiltWoman Pattern Bundle
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Radiant Cross Quilt Pattern
- Tulip Garden Quilt Pattern
- Greek Cross Quilt Block
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- Shoofly Quilt Block
- Strawberry Springtime Mini Quilt
- Plus Sign Quilt Block
- Quilted Tea Cozy (in 30 Min)
- Chapstick Holder
- Easter Egg Scrappy Mini Quilt ~ Make It In A Day!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns