American Tribute Collection from Windham Fabrics
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Gifted by Windham Fabrics
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
The American Tribute fabric collection from Windham Fabrics features 30 fabrics that you'll love to use in your patriotic quilts. Whether you're making a quilt to honor a service member for Memorial Day or a decoration for the 4th of July, you'll find the fabrics you need in this collection. From small prints featuring stars and stripes to large prints with national symbols like eagles, American flags, and U.S. badges, this collection has every fabric you could want for a patriotic project.
As you might expect, the American Tribute Collection comes only in shades of red, white, and blue, with each of these colors serving as background to a wide variety of prints, many of which fall into distinct families. The collection offers almost more star prints than you can count. A simple gold star pattern comes in both navy and bright red, while a playful pattern of white star outlines overlapping each other in small clusters comes in navy, red, and a crisp, bright blue as well. Another star print family features monochromatic red and white prints in which stars of varying shades overlap each other and a navy print with red, white, and blue stars in the same pattern. Yet another print family features a lattice design interspersed with tiny stars. Gold on navy and red on antique white are the perfect color combinations for this subtle print. It contrasts sharply with the larger, brighter white-and-red and navy-and-white prints that also feature a lattice of stars. In matching navy and antique white prints, white and red stars are accented with chevrons reminiscent of military badges. More classic prints include a pattern of lines of stars separated by colored stripes and a pattern of large stars in two colors printed in simple rows of alternating colored stars. A lone star print, which seems to have no family, features subtle tan star outlines in varying sizes against an antique white background.
Aside from the numerous star prints, the American Tribute collection also offers several prints featuring U.S. badges or eagles interspersed with words like "honor," "glory," and "strength." The collection also features a pattern of flying eagles and American flags against a bright red background. A classic motif of two crossed American flags also appears scattered across navy and white backgrounds in two of the fabrics. Two of the more modern prints, in red and white, consist of patriotic words like "valor," "freedom," and "peace" printed in different fonts and separated by stars. The most unique designs in the collection are one fabric striped with white, red, and navy and shaded to show texture and another printed with red and blue stars, American flags, maps of the United States, and duo-tone prints of national monuments.
A patriotic quilter can't go wrong with the fabrics in the American Tribute collection. The variety of prints and styles in this collection ensure you'll be using these fabrics in all of your patriotic projects. Moreover, a portion of the sales of American Tribute fabrics are donated to the Wounded Warrior Project in order to further honor U.S. service members.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you want to make a cute quilted baby blanket for an upcoming shower, then follow this free tutorial to create a Super Fast and Easy… Continue reading: "Super Fast and Easy Baby Blanket"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to win the Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern!
- Believe in miracles and WIN a You Hexie Thing Hexagon Ruler!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
- Chance to win Brushstrokes by Pepper Cory Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to win Blueberry Backroads Sweet Surprise Candle Mat Kit!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Handmade Fabric Christmas Village
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Fabric Kimekomi Christmas Ornaments
- Merry & Cheer Quilted Christmas Table Runner Pattern
- Winter Trees Quilted Table Runner
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns