10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
By Suzanne McNeill
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
You won't believe your eyes when you see how fast you can make a quilt with the technique in 10-Minute Blocks, a quilt pattern book by Suzanne McNeill. Using a 10 minute quilting block, you can make a beautiful bed quilt in just a day! The innovative 10-minute block technique uses a 3-seam sequence of folding and sewing reminiscent of origami to create a large four-patch block with a layered diamond in the center. After stitching the block together, all you need to do is topstitch the diamond to finish the oversized block. Just by pulling and tucking the fabric, you can also create curved, cathedral-window like edges on the diamond, increasing the possibilities for this simple quilt block.
10-Minute Blocks presents two clear, step-by-step tutorials for making the 10-minute block. The first includes color photographs so you can see what the block looks like at different stages in its construction. The second tutorial uses diagrams to help you visualize how you will manipulate the fabrics to create the finished design. Once you have the hang of the 10-minute block technique, you can try one of the seven quilt patterns included in 10-Minute Blocks. Each quilt pattern uses a different combination of fabrics and arrangement of 10-minute blocks to create a unique design that you can make in just a day.
Whether you want to make a baby quilt for an upcoming shower or a king size quilt for your master bedroom, you'll find a quilt pattern in 10-Minute Blocks that perfectly fits your needs. The book provides basic assembly instructions for simple throw quilts, double quilts, and king quilts. Each of the seven quilt patterns then includes fabric requirements for the three separate sizes. Several of the patterns also include fabric requirements for a smaller baby quilt size as well. With a basic knowledge of the 10-minute block technique and the quilt designs in this book, you can make a quilt for any room in your house or any occasion!
The quilt designs in 10-Minute Blocks range from earthy throws to cheerful baby quilts, with everything in between. Substitute your favorite fabrics for the ones listed in the quilt patterns, and the possibilities of these quilt designs are endless! Although most of the quilt patterns are incredibly simple, incorporating just the basic 10-minute block into beautiful designs, some of the quilts also involve more complicated piecework for quilters who like a challenge. I'm especially fond of the Floral Fire quilt, which replaces the plain fabric squares in each four-patch with rail-fence blocks. The finished effect could not be more attractive! The Hearts a Flutter pattern also puts an interesting spin on the 10-minute block method, adapting the technique to create geometric heart blocks that are perfect for Valentine's Day, wedding showers, and more.
If you've been intimidated by the prospect of making a full-size quilt, 10-Minute Blocks is the quilt pattern book for you. With the 10-minute block technique and the seven original designs in this book, you'll be able to make a king size quilt in just a day!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
It doesn't get much prettier or simpler than these Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks. Quilting doesn't always have to be… Continue reading: "Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Northcott Fabrics Holiday Snow Pattern and Starry Night II Fabric Review
- Patchwork Among Friends: From Patterns to Potlucks
- Chance to win the Urban Garden Fabric Collection!
- QuiltCut2 Special Edition
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- Win a quilting book bundle!
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Omnigrid and Fons & Porter Rotary Cutting Supplies from Prym Consumer
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- Vintage Christmas Sweater Mug Rug Pattern
- Homes For The Holidays Mini Quilt
- Scrappy Christmas Tree Mini Quilt
- Quilted Journal Cover - Any Size!
- Wild Geese Table Runner
- Weight Loss Quilt
- Quilted Advent Calendar
- How To Join Leftover Batting Scraps
- Scrappy Stars PDF Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns