This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Easy Sailboat Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Learn how to take any sailboat quilt block and turn it into a full quilt with loads of lovely modern negative space! I have a friend who lives by the sea and I knew I wanted to make her a sailboat quilt but I couldn't find a full quilt pattern I liked. So I bought an FPP sailboat block and used it to make a large family sized throw quilt I personally think it is one of the best quilts I've made and it took the least time! About a week from start to finish. I used fabric remnants and leftovers for the water and the sky and I show you how to do it in this tutorial. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size63 inches wide x 79 inches long
Time to CompleteA week or two
- Fabric remnants in blue for the water and white or grey for the sky.
- Pattern for one sailboat block with a clear division between the sky and the water.
Read NextBuffalo Plaid Quilt Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Buffalo Plaid Quilt Pattern
- Quickie Scrappy Quilt Pattern
- Calming Squares Quilt
- Double Take Quilt Pattern
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Stairway to Heaven Pastels Pattern
- 1930s Barn Raising Quilt
- Finger Lakes Quilt Tutorial
- Soda Fountain Quilt Pattern
- A Scrappy Log Cabin Flower Hearts Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- Charming Quilted Square Tablecloth Pattern
- American Flag Quilt Block Pattern
- Charming Scrappy Pinwheel Pattern
- Diy Finger Thumb Mitts
- Granny Love Quilt Pattern
- Charming Framed Pinwheel Mini Quilt Pattern
- Scattered Stars Table Runner
- Charming Pinwheel Pastel Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns