This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Thrift Store Plaid Shirt Quilt #2
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Men's plaid shirts either from the thrift store or a from a loved one can make great quilts! Paired with a charm pack that looks like denim will add a whole another dimension to it. Of course you can use actual denim, but keep in mind that actual denim will make the quilt heavier. This is a simple technique that has amazing results. This is a easy-to-follow tutorial that goes together very fast and is a great way to use up scraps or like in this example, thrift store plaid shirts. Always be creating!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size53 inches wide x 53 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Strips; any width from 1" to 2"
- 2 Charm packs or any 5" squares
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The American Notebook Scrapbuster Strip Quilt is a great combination of a scrap quilt pattern, a rainbow quilt pattern, a strip quilt… Continue reading: "American Notebook Scrapbuster Strip Quilt"
- How to Make a Square in a Square Quilt Block
- How to Make a Snowball Quilt Block
- Thrift Store Plaid Shirt Quilt #2
- The Poutama Quilt
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Minute Motifs
- Basket Block Quilt Pattern Video Tutorial
- How to Clean a Sewing Machine
- 12 Inch Block Quilt Supplies
- Trapunto Quilting 101
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shiny + Bright Quilt Pattern
- Starburst Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Christmas Star Ornament Block Pattern
- Broken Dishes Baby Quilt Pattern
- 18+ Free Decorative Christmas Quilt Patterns
- Morning Frost Quilt Pattern
- Cathedral Windows Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Fun Christmas Tree Quilt Blocks For Your Crumbs & Scraps
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Christmas Ornament Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns