This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
3d Blockhead Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"3D quilts have a big visual impact, but they don't have to be difficult to make. Sometimes the easiest blocks to construct have the biggest pow! This quilt uses a simple 4-patch made with 2 half-square triangles and 2 solid squares. The background fabric matched with the border fabric is what gives this its 3-dimensional depth. You can easily make this quilt in a couple days. Play with fabrics to make this your own creation. It would be adorable in pastels for a baby quilt or patterned fabric to stand out even more."
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size42 inches wide x 47 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Read NextFlying Geese Blocks Made Easy
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Flying Geese Blocks Made Easy
- How To Make A Minky Baby Blanket
- Quilt Blocks Layout Tutorial
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- How to Use Half Square Triangle Paper
- How to Make a Square in a Square Quilt Block
- Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Pattern
- Thrift Store Plaid Shirt Quilt #2
- Easy Quilt as You Go Quilt Pattern
- How to Make a Drunkard's Path Quilt Block
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fun Christmas Tree Quilt Blocks For Your Crumbs & Scraps
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Christmas Ornament Mini Quilt Pattern
- 13+ Free Winter Quilt Patterns
- 14+ Free Christmas Quilt Block Patterns
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- Christmas Ornaments With Stripes!
- Christmas Tree Mug Quilt Block Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns