DIY Baby Gifts: 15 Baby Quilt Patterns for Your Next Shower
Find the perfect gift for your next baby shower with this list of quick DIY gift ideas!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Make the season's most popular baby gifts with DIY Baby Gifts: 15 Baby Quilt Patterns for Your Next Shower. If you want to know how to make a baby blanket that everyone will remember, then this tutorial has you covered. You'll also learn how to make your own baby toys and other miscellaneous baby items. DIY baby gifts are great because they're totally budget-friendly. Plus, you can make exactly what you want. The recipient of your DIY baby shower gift will be so appreciative because the gift came from the heart. Have fun with light and pastel colors with these projects. Babies love light colors.
Plus, don't miss our video on how to make a Quilted Cuddle Throw!
Discover more baby quilt patterns with this free eBook, 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls. 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
DIY Baby Blankets
We have a variety of awesome free baby blanket patterns to offer. We picked girl, boy, and unisex quilt patterns for you to enjoy. They're all very baby-friendly.
- Springtime Lattice Baby Quilt TutorialDesign a beautiful and traditional baby quilt for your little one with this simple tutorial on a beloved quilt design. This Springtime Lattice Baby Quilt Tutorial is the perfect way to greet your newest addition to the family. This lattice quilt tutorial is a great project for using your prettiest printed charm squares.
- This soft and light Fuzzy Wuzzy Baby Quilt is the dream of any infant. The minky, or soft fabric, on this quilt make it incredible to snuggle up with. This easy quilt tutorial will guide you through basic piecework technique. One thing we absolutely love about this quilt pattern is the pastel color tones.
- Bright Geometric Baby QuiltThis Bright Geometric Baby Quilt is great for a baby boy. This baby quilt design uses a variety of geometric shapes to create a fun and memorable baby quilt. The blue and green hues of this baby quilt are perfect for any little man. This 16-patch quilt pattern is easier than it looks, too.
- Down Home Chevron Baby QuiltYour little baby will adore this Down Home Chevron Baby Quilt. If you've been searching for a good chevron baby quilt tutorial, then this one will definitely hit the spot. The country and rustic vibe of this quilt make it great for a baby's first quilt. Plus, chevron quilt patterns are very easy to make.
- Do you know someone who's expecting in fall? This Festive Fall Baby Quilt is the perfect gift for any autumn baby. The great thing about this free baby quilt pattern is the exploding star shapes. The fall-colored hues will keep the baby calm, but the interesting star shapes will keep the baby engaged and happy.
- Quick and Simple Receiving Blanket Video TutorialNeed to make a gift for a mother-to-be? Check out this Quick and Simple Receiving Blanket Video Tutorial. In just five minutes, you'll be an expert on how to make a baby blanket. The baby quilt in this free tutorial is spectacularly cute because of its curved edges.
DIY Stuffed Toys
We have a wide array of baby toys for you to make. If you don't know the sex of the baby yet, then stick to one of our more gender-neutral toy options.
- Ice Cream Social Doll QuiltAdd a little sweetness to your life with a doll quilt that your granddaughter will love. This Ice Cream Social Doll Quilt is the perfect tutorial for designing a mini quilt that combines embroidery with the classic sawtooth star block. With this panel quilt tutorial, you can create a pretty in pink doll quilt that is sure to brighten your granddaughter's day.
- Stuffed Frog Video TutorialStitch up the cutest ever frog with this Stuffed Frog Video Tutorial. DIY stuffed animals are the latest quilting trend, and you definitely don't want to miss out. If you don't know how to make a stuffed toy, then this tutorial will explain in a way that you'll understand.
- Quilted Doll Bassinet Part 1Quilted doll bassinets are awesome soft toys to sew for toddlers. Your little girl will love toting her baby dolls around in this handcrafted toy bassinet. Part 1 of this tutorial lists materials and instructions for making the lining and straps.
- Puffy Baby BlocksBaby toys don't have to be expensive and should always be safe that's what makes these Puffy Baby Blocks so special. Quilt patterns for baby toys aren't just convenient for saving time and money, but are also much more personalized for your child than what's in stores.
- Baby Boy Textured BookMake homemade books with textured fabrics that will keep babies fascinated for hours! This Baby Boy Textured Book incorporates textured appliques and frayed edges for tactile fun. You can easily make one of these fabric books for a girl as well!
- Bouncy Bean BagsYour kids will love these Bouncy Bean Bags. With this simple piecing pattern, you can learn how to make bean bags for a toss game. Raid your stash of fabric scraps for the brightest and boldest colors, and these DIY bean bags will be twice as entertaining.
Miscellaneous DIY Baby Gifts
These DIY baby gift ideas are unique and cool. Any new mother will love these interesting and clever gifts.
- Simple Patchwork Bib TutorialGet ready to pamper your new grandbaby with a quick and easy quilt project that can be made in just a few hours with this Simple Patchwork Bib Tutorial. A perfect choice for using up your prettiest fabric scraps, this DIY baby bib uses basic patchwork techniques, beginner sewing skills, and hand embroidery to create a charming nautical-themed bib.
- Little Critters Baby BibUse Accuquilt Go! Dies to embellish this free towel bib pattern. The dragonfly, ladybug, and butterfly appliques make this Little Critters Baby Bib perfect for a baby girl. The simple tutorial will teach you how to sew a bib using a terry towel and binding.
- Cheery Cherry Baby BibAny newborn little baby will love wearing the Cherry Cherry Baby Bib. If you want to know how to sew a bib, this tutorial will explain it in a no nonsense way. The red color in this baby bib is great for either a girl or a boy, so this bib is perfect if you don't know the sex of the baby yet.
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Burp ClothsDress up those burp cloths with these Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Burp Cloths design. Simply cut out these classic images as applique quilt designs and attach them to your cloth. They're easy to add details to and they look adorable in any color scheme, so you can make this simple baby quilt design for babies of either gender.
- Bluebird Park Car Seat Quilt TutorialTreat your new grandbaby to a handmade car seat quilt that will keep them comfy and cozy with this Bluebird Park Car Seat Quilt Tutorial. Made using budget-friendly fat eighths, this simple quilt project can be made in just a few days, and is perfect for chilly spring or fall weather.
- Scrappy Roll-Up Changing PadRather than spending a ton of money on a store-bought changing mat, this Scrappy Roll-Up Changing Pad is perfect for new mothers to take on-the-go. By simply piecing large pieces of scrap quilt patterns to soft layers of fusible fleece, this easily pliable changing pad is safe and comfy for changing babies while out of the house.
- Quilted Baby Wash Cloths"Baby wash cloths make a great gift for a newborn baby or even for a baby shower. They're absorbent and perfect for cleaning up the little messes babies make. Made with small pieces of fabric, this is a beginner friendly project that is quick and easy to make."
If you loved these projects, then you'll love these projects. Find more free baby quilt patterns in this article, How to Make a Baby Blanket: 9 Free Quilt Patterns.
How to Make a Baby Blanket: 9 Free Quilt Patterns
What's your go-to baby shower gift? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
- Deep Blue Sea Quilt
- Nordic Ribbons Baby Quilt Pattern
- Blue River Baby Quilt Pattern
- Sunshine on My Shoulders Quilt Tutorial
- Simply Adorable Baby Quilt Pattern
- Little Heartbeat Baby Quilt Pattern
- Beautiful Baby Blues Quilt Block
- Afternoon Tango Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Tied with a Bow Car Seat Canopy
- Roly Poly Teddy Bear Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rosewood Manor
- Rosewood Manor Autumn Cross-Stitch Design
- Labyrinth Quilt Block Pattern
- How To Make Megic 8 Half Square Triangle Units
- Folded Star Potholder Tutorial
- Face Mask Pouch
- Vote Mini Quilt Pattern
- Short Stories Quilt Pattern
- Rows and Rows Quilt Pattern
- Melanie's Temperature Quilt Block Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns