Quilter's Gift Guide: 12 Quilt Patterns for Small Quilt Projects and Keepsake Quilting
18 Father's Day Projects: Make a Manly Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Leave those floral prints and pastel colors for Mom, and make a manly quilt for Dad this year! These 18 Father's Day Projects include masculine quilts and small handmade quilt gifts that you can make for Father's Day or any other event. The men in your life will love the rustic, masculine quilt blocks, geometric quilt patterns, meaningful memory quilts, and other handy quilted gifts in this collection.
We know crafters want to make all of their gifts handmade, but many quilt patterns are targeted towards women with feminine colors and flowery patterns, making it difficult to quilt gifts for men. FaveQuilts has answered that problem with these 18 Father's Day Projects, quilts with clean lines and subtle colors that men won't be embarrassed to sleep under. We've also got patterns for t-shirt quilts and memory quilts that will warm Dad's heart. If your dad is practical guy, check out our free quilted gift patterns for useful items like laptop cases and camera straps.
18 Father's Day Projects: Make a Manly Quilt Table of Contents
Make a manly quilt for Dad with these handsome quilt patterns. Any guy will appreciate a warm, handmade quilt designed with his tastes in mind!
- Chinese Windows Bed Quilt - The rich fabrics and colors in this quilt make it stylish without being feminine.
- Rail Fence Pizzazz - The bright orange and white basketweave pattern gives this quilt a vibrant energy.
- Curious Nature Target Quilt - Hit the bullseye with this masculine throw quilt.
- Monochromatic Brown Quilt - This rustic, masculine quilt gives a western feel to a man's bedroom.
The easiest way to make a manly quilt is to sew a quilt with a man's things! Use your dad's old t-shirts as quilt blocks, or print his favorite family photos onto fabric for a memory quilt. Whether you make one of these Father's Day projects as a tribute to Dad's favorite sports team or as a keepsake to commemorate his college days, your gift will have special meaning to your father.
- Fall T-Shirt Quilt Directions - A t-shirt quilt backed with fleece is the perfect thing to bring tailgating or to watch a big game.
- How to Recycle T-shirts into a Memory Quilt - If you can wrest some of your dad's favorite t-shirts from him, you can make a truly personal t-shirt quilt!
- Simple T-shirt Quilt - Use this basic tutorial to make a quilt from college t-shirts, sports t-shirts, or souvenir shirts commemorating special vacations.
- Smoky Mountain Stars Quilt - This handsome quilt made from button-down shirts makes a great gift for a retired dad.
- Photo Block Quilt - Piece triangles onto the corners of your photo blocks so your quilt looks just like an old photo album.
- How to Make a Photo Quilt - This video tutorial focuses on how to print family photos onto fabric for a quilt.
The best Father's Day projects incorporate the things your dad loves the most. Make a manly quilt with a few of Dad's favorite things using these quilt block patterns designed for men.
- Gone Fishin' Paper Piecing Block - Use this block for a quilt that shows off Dad's beloved pastime.
- Arkansas Star Quilt Block - Traditional quilters will find this subdued quilt block especially fitting for masculine quilts.
- Bow Tie Quilt Block Pattern - This bow tie block is the perfect pattern for dandy dads.
- Scrappy Trees Block Pattern - Incorporate this simple block in a rustic, masculine quilt for an outdoorsman.
To make sure your handmade Father's Day projects aren't all in vain, make your dad something useful with your quilting skills! These small quilted projects make wonderful gifts for Father's Day and other holidays.
- Zigzag Camera Strap Cover - A sleek chevron pattern makes this camera strap cover a great gift for men or women.
- Quilted Guitar Straps - Personalize this easy gift with a fabric that fits your dad just right.
- Manly Man Laptop Case - Whether you use a motorcycle print or another fabric that reflects your dad's interests, he'll love this customized laptop cover.
- Quilted Camera Strap - If your dad loves photography, make him a quilted camera strap to keep his neck comfy.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 16 Simple and Small Quilt Patterns
- Beginner's Guide to Quilting: 20+ Must-Read Tutorials and Patterns
- Flying Kite Paper Piecing Pattern
- Fiskars Total Control Non-Stick Scissors
- Square Dance Mini Quilt
- Sunny Log Cabin Quilt
- Vintage Vacation Quilt
- Striped Chevrons Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Charming Lucy Quilt Pattern
- Kaleidoscope Centerpiece Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns