Colorful Quilt Tutorials: 33 Rainbow Quilt Patterns
If you love bright colors, then you will adore this collection of rainbow quilt tutorials!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Do you love bursts of colors? Do you enjoy bright and cheerful designs? Are you a fan of rainbow patterns? If you said yes to any of these questions, then we guarantee that you'll love this collection of rainbow quilting patterns that we have rounded up for you.
Colorful quilt patterns make for great gifts to give friends and family members. From DIY baby quilts such as this whimsically playful Bubble Puff Baby Quilt to scrapbuster bed quilt patterns like this adorable Scrappy X Plus Quilt Tutorial that will look lovely in your home, this collection has a variety of quick quilt tutorials that will appeal to anyone. Plus, in our bonus section at the end, you will find one-color quilt projects in every color of the rainbow to make for anyone who has a favorite color!
From beginner quilting patterns to string quilt block tutorials, we have a wide variety of lively projects to choose from in this list. You are sure to find a joyful design that you will love!
Be sure to check out the video below to discover how to sew this lovely Rail Fence Block Pattern!
Table of Contents
Rainbow Bed Quilt Tutorials
This section will provide a range of rainbow quilt pattern tutorials that vary in sizes from full-size bed quilt patterns to twin quilts, and in styles that use designs from half square triangle quilting patterns to string quilt patterns. For a modern quilt design that will look lovely in your home, perhaps try sewing this gorgeously geometric Urban Scandinavian HST Quilt Pattern. For a pattern in the famous and much-loved bargello style, try making this gorgeous Rainbow Bright Bargello Quilt!
Cheerful Throw Quilt Patterns and Lap Quilt Tutorials
Rainbow Baby Quilt Patterns
Rainbow baby quilt tutorials are wonderful nursery decor options for infants, or gifts for baby showers! Babies will love the bright colors in these vibrant and lively quilt patterns. If you're looking for a uniquely fun and unusual baby quilt design, perhaps try sewing this Bubble Puff Baby Quilt that will amuse any child!
If you're looking for more baby quilt patterns, check out these 6 of the most popular DIY baby quilts!
Colorful Quilt Blocks
Be sure to use these lively quilt block patterns to create large and colorful quilt designs! With these playful patterns, you have lots of freedom in deciding how colorful to make your quilts. For instance, you could create an ombre effect by having each row of quilt blocks gradually change color, or you could have each block be randomly placed to create an eclectic and unique design. Feel free to get creative with these quilt block tutorials.
Looking for more quilt block tutorials? Check out these 23 quilt block patterns for more inspiration!
Lively Home Decor Quilt Projects
Bright Mini Quilt Patterns
Mini quilt tutorials can make for wonderful home decor quilting projects, doll blankets, or table toppers. Any of these patterns will certainly brighten up your home or become the perfect bed quilt for your child's doll!
Bonus: Monochromatic Quilt Patterns
Within this section, instead of finding rainbow quilt patterns, you will discover that each quilt tutorial below is a different color of the rainbow. These projects are listed in rainbow order—red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and lastly, purple. These one-color quilt patterns are great for friends and family who are passionate about their favorite colors. If you have a friend obssessed with purple, try making them this Sugar Plum Quilt Tutorial as a gift!
Which of these rainbow quilting patterns is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Make a sweet and ladylike mini quilt inspired by all things Southern and summery with this fun Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt.… Continue reading: "Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt"
- 30+ Free Quilting Designs for Machine Quilting
- Blue Ribbon Block Pattern
- Weekend Warrior Quilt Pattern
- 23 Depression Era Quilt Patterns and Projects
- Winter Celebration Strip Quilt Pattern
- Free Bird Watching Quilt Pattern
- 20 Stunning Disappearing Nine Patch Patterns
- Simple Strawberry Strip Quilt Tutorial
- 24 Traditional Quilt Patterns
- Digital Daisy Chevron Quilt Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- The Perfect Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorial
- How To Sew Quilted Potholder Tutorial Pattern
- Solar System Mug Rug
- Old Glory Quilt Pattern
- Beginner Baby Cheater Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns