28 Wicked Halloween Quilt Patterns
If you've been searching for the perfect Halloween quilt pattern, then you'll love these spooktacular fall quilt designs!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Get out your gourds, pumpkins, and sewing machine! It's time to make these 28 Wicked Halloween Quilt Patterns. We have everything from witches to Jack o' lanterns. If you're looking for a small project, check out our quilt block ideas. If you want to make something larger, check out our full-sized Halloween quilting designs. You can make the prettiest (or scariest) Halloween quilt in town, and you won't spend a penny on the pattern.
If you want to make something deliciously decorative, try one of our Halloween quilted table runner patterns. All of these free quilt patterns will spook your socks off, and you'll enjoy piecing more than ever, as it's the perfect break from cold autumn weather.
The great thing about quilts for Halloween is that they'll last from year to year. Pumpkins go bad, but quilts last forever. Tuck your Halloween quilts in storage over summer, and whip them out in late September to automatically get into the Halloween spirit. The quilting craze is about to be as big as the vampire obsession!
Table of Contents
Halloween Quilt Blocks
As the days begin to get shorter and the season starts to change, we know that it's time to start putting out our favorite Halloween decorations. This year, try sewing something new for the season. Our selection of Halloween quilt block patterns will have you in a spooky spirit in no time at all. If you are feeling especially festive today, start piecing together one of these fan-favorite block patterns for Halloween.
- Witch with Stockings Quilt Block
The adorable Witch with Stockings Block is an incredibly creative block pattern that you will be proud of!
- Hogwarts Sunbonnet Sue Block
Have a Harry Potter fan at home? Make this spook-tacular Hogwarts Sunbonnet Sue Block as a fun and fast Halloween gift!
- Spooky Ghost Quilt Block
Nothing says Halloween more than a good ghost pattern. Get started on this block today.
- Halloween Black Cat Quilt Block
Black cats and Halloween go together perfectly. This block pattern will hiss "Halloween!"
- Wicked Sunbonnet Sue Block
Every quilter loves a good Sunbonnet Sue pattern. This one's made perfect with its fun Halloween theme.
- Pumpkin Patch Block
This cute little Pumpkin Patch Block is the perfect fall quilt pattern for beginners.
Halloween Quilt Patterns
Whether you are looking to cozy up with your loved ones during October or hoping to find some fun and spooky decorative quilts, these Halloween quilt patterns are sure to satisfy. Choose from the classic tutorials below, which will walk you through how to make a quilt for Halloween that you're certain to love year after year. Made with orange, black, and white fabrics, these easy quilt patterns are the perfect quilting projects to help you get ready for everyone's favorite day in October.
A few of these free quilt patterns will help you hone your applique technique, too!
- Retro Raven Wall Quilt
Once upon a midnight dreary, I made this spooky Poe-inspired pattern and fell in love!
- Halloween Chevron Quilt
Halloween doesn't have to be scary; make this pretty chevron quilt in Halloween hues.
- Spiders and Webs Quilt
Spiders and webs are classic Halloween motifs, making this pattern a tradition Halloween design!
- Wobbly Web Throw
Fun and wobbly webs will bring a pop of fun to your holiday celebrations.
- Spooky Tales Jelly Roll Pattern
This precut-friendly Halloween quilt can be made faster than you would imagine!
- Hocus Pocus Free Form Quilt
The Hocus Pocus Free Form Quilt utilizes a creepy yet cute print of witches and ghouls kiddos will love.
- Fat Quarters Halloween Quilt
Are you looking for a spook-tacular quilting project for this fall? Look no further!
Pumpkins are the quintessential symbol of fall, from Halloween to Thanksgiving. With our collection of 19 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Tutorials for Fall Quilts, you can feature pumpkins in all of your fall quilts, autumn patterns, and Halloween decorations!
19 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Tutorials for Fall Quilts
Halloween Quilted Table Runner Patterns
If you want to quilt something for the holiday, but can't put forth the time commitment to create a full quilt pattern, why not start small? These Halloween quilted table runner patterns are a great way to get your quilt on this Halloween season, without spending too much time on your project!
They make great projects for those planning on hosting a Halloween party, too!
- Geometric Halloween Table Runner
This free quilted table runner pattern will tell you everything you need to make a festive orange and black Halloween decoration.
- Haunted Halloween Table Topper Tutorial
This fall, sprinkle some adorable spookiness around your home with this fun Haunted Halloween Table Topper Tutorial.
- Zig Zag Halloween Table Runner
The colors used in this Halloween table runner pattern are in tune with the holiday.
- Trick or Treat Table Runner
Jazz up your table or kitchen counter for Halloween with this Trick or Treat Table Runner.
- Gourd-geous Patchwork Pumpkin
The Gourd-geous Patchwork Pumpkin shows you how to use scrap quilting ideas and techniques to make two lovely patterns.
- Candy Corn Halloween Runner
Learn how to applique has never been more festive, fun, or easy peasy than with these sweet treat free applique designs!
Halloween Quilt Ideas for Fall
I get it--you love Halloween, but making an entire quilt for one day is a bit too scary. That's exactly why we have included this wonderful selection of Halloween quilt patterns that double as fall patterns! From pumpkin quilt designs to beautiful quilts in fall colors, this list of Halloween quilt ideas includes beautiful quilts that you can display all autumn long.
Hint: The pictured pattern to you left is our personal favorite.
- Mountain Lodge Flannel Quilt
Fall-ready quilts like this offer nothing but seasonal comfort and warmth.
- Perfect Fall Rag Quilt Tutorial
Halloween-themed fabric make this rag quilt pattern perfect for the holiday.
- Candy Corn Four Patch Quilt
This four patch quilt is perfectly Halloween, but also perfect for fall!
- Halloween Hexagon Mini Quilt
Make a spookily adorable mini quilt that's perfect for celebrating Halloween with this hexagon holiday tutorial.
What do you love about Halloween? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
- Jack O’Lantern Mini Quilt Pattern
- Count Dracula Mug Rug
- DIY Halloween Pumpkin Pot Holder Tutorial
- Spooky Tales Jelly Roll Pattern
- Halloween Quilt Patterns
- Halloween Hexagon Mini Quilt
- Remember the Ghoul Times Mini Quilt
- Free Quilt Patterns for Halloween: 8 Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Itsy Bitsy Spider Wall Hanging
- Ultimate Halloween Quilt Guide: 90+ Festive Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Riley Blake Wildflower Fabric
- Snow Globe Mini Quilt
- Snap Bag Tutorial
- Skull Quilt Block
- Foundation Paper Piecing Tips and Tricks
- Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern
- Fabric Editions Halloween Harvest Fabric Collection
- Riley Blake Fab-boo-lous Fabric Collection
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns