14 Halloween Quilt Patterns for a Wicked Holiday
If you've been been searching for the perfect Halloween quilt pattern, then you'll love these spooktacular fall quilt designs!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Get out your gourds, pumpkins, and sewing machine! It's time to make these 14 Halloween Quilt Patterns: Free Ideas for a Wicked Holiday. If you're looking for a small project, check out our quilt block ideas. We have everything from witches to jack o' lanterns. If you want to make something larger, check out our full-scale Halloween sewing projects. You can make the prettiest (or scariest) Halloween quilt in town, and you won't spend a penny on the pattern.
Lastly, if you want to make something unexpected, try one of our pincushion patterns or cool halloween crafts. All of these free quilt patterns will spook your socks off, and you'll enjoy sewing inside, as a break from the cold autumn weather.
The great thing about quilts for Halloween is that they'll last from year to year. Pumpkins go bad, but quilts last forever. Tuck your Halloween quilts in storage over summer, and whip them out in late September to automatically get into the Halloween spirit. The quilting craze is about to be as big as the vampire obsession!
Table of Contents
Need even more Halloween inspiration? Have no fear. Read up on these free 13 Do It Yourself Halloween Decorations. 13 Do It Yourself Halloween Decorations
Halloween Quilt Blocks
Quilt block patterns are the best way to get started in quilting. Many of these ideas will hone your applique technique, too.
- Jack O’Lantern Mini Quilt PatternTry sewing this Jack O’Lantern Mini Quilt Pattern for a sophisticated and spooky addition to your DIY holiday decor this year.
- Witch with Stockings Quilt BlockWe love this Halloween quilt block because it's so cute and clean-cut. The purple and green combination is signature for Halloween, but you can also choose orange and black if that's what you prefer!
- Jolly Jack O' Lantern Quilt BlockHalloween craft projects are an awesome way to celebrate the spooky season. Create this Jolly Jack O' Lantern Quilt Block as an alternative to carving a pumpkin this year.
- Halloween Black Cat Quilt BlockThis Halloween Black Cat Quilt Block is scarily good. The appliqued black cat is such an easy project for a beginner quilter.
- Spooky Ghost Quilt BlockCreate a Halloween quilt with this Spooky Ghost Quilt Block. The "boo" at the center of the quilt block is adorable.
Halloween Quilt Patterns
These simple quilt designs will get you into the Halloween spirit. If you dare, have some fun with applique!
- Halloween Hexagon QuiltDecorate for the scariest holiday of the year with this Halloween Hexagon Quilt. This tutorial will walk you through how to make a quilt from rows of hexagon patterns.
- Halloween Chevron QuiltBe the thriller of the neighborhood with this awesome Halloween Chevron Quilt. Zig zag designs like chevron are really trendy right now.
- Spiders and Webs QuiltGet into the spooky Halloween spirit with this cute Spiders and Webs Quilt. Mix and match different colors and textures of fabric for a cool quilting effect.
- Wobbly Web ThrowMake a spectacularly spooky Halloween quilt pattern with this Wobbly Web Throw. Your little trick-or-treaters will especially love the silly design of this cozy spider throw.
- Joyful Jack O' Lantern Mini QuiltThe pumpkin applique design on this Joyful Jack O' Lantern Mini Quilt is too precious. Hang your mini quilt on your front door or in the foyer of your home.
Cool Halloween Craft Projects for Quilters
These pincushions and crafts are absolutely adorable. These decorations are subtle but will enhance your home decor.
- Haunted Halloween Table Topper TutorialThis fall, sprinkle some adorable spookiness around your home with this fun Haunted Halloween Table Topper Tutorial.
- Candy Corn PincushionMake a pincushion with this uber cute Candy Corn Pincushion. Halloween sewing projects are an awesome way to get in the spirit of the season.
- DIY Witch Hat PincushionUse this fabulous DIY Witch Hat Pincushion in the spirit of Halloween throughout October. You'll love this project because it's even easier than most simple Halloween crafts.
- Super Scary Skull PincushionSearching for spooky Halloween craft projects? This Super Scary Skull Pincushion should do the trick.
- Pretty Pumpkin PincushionSkip the messy pumpkin guts from carving a pumpkin this year with this Pretty Pumpkin Pincushion. Cute sewing projects are so much fun to make for the holidays.
- Poison Apple Mini Quilt PatternIf you or your grandkids are huge Disney fans, then you'll love this tribute to the fairest of them all in quilt form. This Poison Apple Mini Quilt Pattern is the perfect project for Disney lovers.
- Halloween Hexagon Mini QuiltMake a spookily adorable mini quilt that's perfect for celebrating Halloween with this Halloween Hexagon Mini Quilt.
Halloween Quilt Ideas for Fall
From pumpkin quilt designs to beautiful fall colors, this list of Halloween quilt ideas includes beautiful fall quilts that you can display all autumn long!
- Pixel Perfect Pumpkin Quilt PatternYou can either create this quilt by using strips of fabric or by piecing your fabric squares together to create rows.
- Fat Quarters Halloween QuiltTry sewing this Fat Quarters Halloween Quilt as your next seasonal project. Use up your fat quarter bundles to make this tutorial using a half square triangle quilting technique for a crossroads effect.
- Spooky Tales Jelly Roll PatternCreate a hauntingly adorable homemade quilt just in time for Halloween with this Spooky Tales Jelly Roll Pattern.
- Pumpkin Spice Quilt PatternIf you are looking to make a hip and quick fall lap quilt pattern, the Pumpkin Spice Quilt Pattern is the ultimate quilting pattern. Unlike those yummy lattes, this quilt will keep you warm for a very long time.
- Mountain Lodge Flannel QuiltBefore the wind-chill gets too chilly, learn how to make your next favorite cuddle quilt with this Mountain Lodge Flannel Quilt Pattern. This insanely warm quilt is made out of a patchwork of flannel, making it extra toasty.
Nothing says that it's All Hallows' Eve like some spookily fun Halloween quilting projects, so get ready to create some hauntingly pretty quilt projects that embody everything Halloween! Free Quilt Patterns for Halloween: 8 Halloween Decoration Ideas
What do you love about Halloween? Let us know below in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Ultimate Halloween Quilt Guide: 90+ Festive Quilt Patterns
- Halloween Squared Quilt
- DIY Halloween Pumpkin Pot Holder Tutorial
- Spooky Tales Jelly Roll Pattern
- 14 Halloween Quilt Patterns for a Wicked Holiday
- Mr. October Awaits Wall Hanging
- Fat Quarters Halloween Quilt
- Spooky Spiderweb Quilt
- Jack O’Lantern Mini Quilt Pattern
- Halloween Tote Bag Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 9 Dutch Quilt Patterns
- Pinwheel Bow DIY Ornaments
- Home State Pillow Tutorial
- Therm O Web Iron-On-Fusible Interfacing
- The 18 Best Heart Quilt Patterns for Valentine's Day
- Glitter Vinyl Placemat Tutorial
- Star Wars Inspired Galaxy Quilt
- Spiral Log Cabin Block Tutorial
- Easy Watercolor Quilt
- Fit for a Princess Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns