22 Quilts in Fall Colors
If you've been searching for beautiful fall color quilts, then don't miss these free quilt patterns and tutorials!
Get ready for autumn's crisp weather with 17 Quilts in Fall Colors. We know that you'll love these easy quilt patterns because they're so fun and festive. Find lots of Thanksgiving decorating ideas in this article as well as tutorials on how to sew a baby blanket. No matter who you are trying to make a quilt for, we are sure to have the pumpkin spice or cinnamon apple quilt that will do the trick. Autumn is a time for cool breezes and falling leaves. Cuddle up with one of these fall quilt ideas!
The autumn is a great time for beginners to learn how to sew a quilt because everyone needs a cozy quilt as soon as the cold weather hits. Quilts are an excellent way to practice sewing in straight lines, and they also serve as good practice for choosing matching fabrics at the fabric store. At the end of the day, each of these fall sewing ideas has a unique flair that's worthy of exploration. Get creative with colors and patterns, and have fun!
Table of Contents
Our Newest Fall Quilt Patterns
If you've been searching for fall color quilts in hues like burnt orange, deep red, and rich browns, then don't miss our newest fall quilt patterns!
- Try sewing this Georgia Barn Quilt Pattern full of rich and earthy hues. This tutorial uses quilt blocks made with the half square triangle quilting technique to create a large patchwork design.
- Free Bird Watching Quilt PatternThis beautiful quilt pattern is inspired by and uses fabrics that have been created from illustrations by Charley Harper, a twentieth century artist known for his wildlife drawings.
- Autumn in the Southwest Quilt PatternAdd some Southwest spice to your next quilting project with this gorgeous autumn quilt that advanced quilters will love.
- You will love this beautiful lap quilt that uses traditional log cabin quilt blocks made with one forty-strip jelly roll.
- Single Slice Layer Cake QuiltThis Single Slice Layer Cake Quilt is a quick and easy throw quilt that can be completed in a single weekend and uses an altered version of the traditional rail fence quilt pattern.
- Nothing says fall like going out to collect fresh persimmons for pies and other tasty goodies. You can bring the sweetness of persimmons into your next fall quilt with this Pretty Persimmon Layer Cake Pattern.
Easy Quilt Patterns for Fall
- Grizzly Bear Paw QuiltMake a rustic country quilt that's perfect for your dream mountain lodge with this Grizzly Bear Paw Quilt. With this free block tutorial, you can create the traditional bear paw pattern in no time at all!
- Traditional Square QuiltIf you're looking for easy quilt ideas, this project is for you. Simple square quilt patterns are so fun to work with.
- Focal Point QuiltA DIY patchwork quilt is a great way to hone your beginner quilting skills. This simple quilt tutorial will teach you how to patch pieces of fabric together and how to bind the edges of a quilt.
- Country Denim Quilt PatternThe Country Denim Quilt Pattern is perfect for a weekend picnic in early fall. The material is thick enough to keep you comfortable and dry without being too heavy.
- Autumn Glory Star QuiltThe Autumn Glory Star Quilt incorporates traditional Ohio star blocks and fall leaves quilt fabric for a rustic piecework that reflects the warm colors of autumn.
- Autumn StarsThe Autumn Stars quilt features green, gold, and rust fabrics in solids and prints that bring all of the warmth and color of fall into your home.
- Golden Autumn Jelly Roll Quilt PatternMake a cozy fall quilt with this Golden Autumn Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern. Quilt projects are always great, particularly when they allow you to use up spare jelly rolls in an awesome free quilt pattern like this one.
- Mountain Lodge Flannel QuiltBefore the wind-chill gets too chilly, learn how to make your next favorite cuddle quilt with this Mountain Lodge Flannel Quilt Pattern.
DIY Baby Blanket Ideas for Fall
- Festive Fall Baby QuiltThe great thing about this free baby quilt pattern is the exploding star shapes. The fall-colored hues will keep the baby calm, but the interesting star shapes will keep the baby engaged and happy.
- Zig Zag Baby QuiltThis zig zag quilt pattern comes out the perfect size for little ones! A zig zag baby quilt is a great gender neutral baby quilt or baby boy quilt.
- Tetris Baby QuiltBring back the 1980s with this adorable Tetris Baby Quilt. You'll love all of the geometric shapes in this wonderful baby quilt tutorial.
- Lil' Twister QuiltLearn to use a twister cutting tool to make this Lil' Twister Quilt as a bright and colorful wall hanging or a lively baby quilt design.
- Orange Blossoms Chevron Crib QuiltCheck out this tutorial to get precise half-square triangle instructions to get the perfect chevron quilt pattern of this adorable design for a baby quilt.
- Rustic Rag QuiltThis Rustic Rag Quilt is the perfect size to keep your baby warm while you push them in a stroller. You can learn how to make this rag quilt in a jiffy when you check out this six-step guide.
- Simply Charming Baby QuiltEasily create a gorgeous quilt for a baby's new nursery that shows off a brightly-colored charm pack pattern with this Simply Charming Baby Quilt.
Fall Quilt Patterns for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is the time to use handmade home decor. These DIY sewing projects will make your Thanksgiving guests feel right at home.
- Golden Days Fall Table RunnerThis Golden Days Fall Table Runner is a great way to use up your fat quarters in shades like golden yellow, pumpkin orange, and vanilla latte.
- Thanksgiving Triangle QuiltThe fabulous thing about this free quilt pattern is that it's super quick and easy to make. The small dimensions of this quilt make it perfect as a large coaster to place hot pots, plates, and pans on.
- Simple Autumn Table RunnerThe Simple Autumn Table Runner is made with one large piece of autumn fabric and quilted for texture and visual interest.
- Vintage Autumn Table TopperOnce you see this completed table topper pattern, you'll instantly "fall" in love with the romantic purples, fawn browns, and pale pinks within it's autumn-inspired color palette.
- Modern Thanksgiving Table RunnerCombine your quilting and applique skills to create a stylish and modern table runner with this Modern Thanksgiving Table Runner.
- Harvest Home Table RunnerBefore you even think about cooking your turkey or mashing your potatoes, create stunning free quilt patterns to add a homey feel to your abode before your November feast.
- Quickest Ever Thanksgiving Table RunnerTThanksgiving is the perfect holiday to make a DIY table runner because you'll be able to show off your gorgeous creation at Thanksgiving dinner.
What do you love about fall? Let us know below in the comments!
Read NextHooked Hexagons Block Tutorial