12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
St. Ives Fat Quarter Bundle from Lecien
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
St. Ives Fat Quarter Bundle
Designed by Sarah Fielke
Gifted by Lecien
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
This bold and colorful fabric line by Sarah Fielke has just the right mix of whimsy and sophistication for your next quilt project. St. Ives from Lecien is a collection of 34 prints with everything from simple stripes to glorious florals and butterflies.
I can't say enough about how much I enjoy this collection from Lecien. In one seamless line, Sarah Fielke has used every color of the rainbow (with the exception of orange) and still managed to create a variety of fabrics that go together. St. Ives is roughly split into four different color categories: red, pink, purple, and blue. Accents like green, yellow, gray, and teal create a delightful interplay of color in each fabric. The red prints are often highlighted with pink, yellow, and green, while the pink fabrics tend to use gray as a counterpoint. I really enjoy the unexpectedly understated combination of plum, candy pink, and dark teal in the purple fabrics. Fielke pairs blue with pinks and yellows for a soft look that is perfect for baby quilts or spring decorations.
The plainest prints of the family are stripes, and they come in each of the four color schemes. Polka dots and polka dotted butterflies provide a more playful option for children's quilts, while several floral prints will give a touch of color to more traditional quilts. My favorite print of the collection is a grid of flowery swirls in several different colors. It's pretty enough to use as a focal piece, but the pattern is even and regular, so it would make a good border or background fabric as well.
St. Ives by Sarah Fielke for Lecien would make a raucously beautiful quilt as a line, but it also offers a number of fabrics that can easily be used individually. This versatile and colorful collection would be a treat for any quilter!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Patternvideocam
Ready for another fun and simple block quilt pattern? This Half Square Triangle Block Pattern is the next quilt block in the quilt… Continue reading: "Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Patternvideocam"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Trip Around the World: A Country Quilt Block Travelogue
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to win the Sugar Berry Fabric Collection!
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Cozy Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit!
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Downton Abbey Fabric Bundles
- Chance to Win a My Mind's Eye Bliss Sparkle 5" Fabric Stacker!
- Chance to win a FreeSpirit Fabric Collection!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- Afternoon Tea Four Patch Table Runner
- Hexagon Log Cabin Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns