St. Ives Fat Quarter Bundle from Lecien
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
St. Ives Fat Quarter Bundle
Designed by Sarah Fielke
Gifted by Lecien
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
This bold and colorful fabric line by Sarah Fielke has just the right mix of whimsy and sophistication for your next quilt project. St. Ives from Lecien is a collection of 34 prints with everything from simple stripes to glorious florals and butterflies.
I can't say enough about how much I enjoy this collection from Lecien. In one seamless line, Sarah Fielke has used every color of the rainbow (with the exception of orange) and still managed to create a variety of fabrics that go together. St. Ives is roughly split into four different color categories: red, pink, purple, and blue. Accents like green, yellow, gray, and teal create a delightful interplay of color in each fabric. The red prints are often highlighted with pink, yellow, and green, while the pink fabrics tend to use gray as a counterpoint. I really enjoy the unexpectedly understated combination of plum, candy pink, and dark teal in the purple fabrics. Fielke pairs blue with pinks and yellows for a soft look that is perfect for baby quilts or spring decorations.
The plainest prints of the family are stripes, and they come in each of the four color schemes. Polka dots and polka dotted butterflies provide a more playful option for children's quilts, while several floral prints will give a touch of color to more traditional quilts. My favorite print of the collection is a grid of flowery swirls in several different colors. It's pretty enough to use as a focal piece, but the pattern is even and regular, so it would make a good border or background fabric as well.
St. Ives by Sarah Fielke for Lecien would make a raucously beautiful quilt as a line, but it also offers a number of fabrics that can easily be used individually. This versatile and colorful collection would be a treat for any quilter!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to Win Pro-Stitcher Designer Software!
- Leilani Arts Silk Sari Ribbon
- Honey Bee Mine Fabric Bundle
- Win a quilting book bundle!
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Blocks, Borders, Quilts! A Mix-and-Match Workbook for Designing Your Own Quilts
- 110 Quilted Potholders
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- Vintage Christmas Sweater Mug Rug Pattern
- Homes For The Holidays Mini Quilt
- Scrappy Christmas Tree Mini Quilt
- Quilted Journal Cover - Any Size!
- Wild Geese Table Runner
- Weight Loss Quilt
- Quilted Advent Calendar
- How To Join Leftover Batting Scraps
- Scrappy Stars PDF Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns