Simplicity Bias Tape Maker
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Simplicity Bias Tape Maker
Gifted by Simplicity
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
You'll never burn your fingers making bias tape or buy bias tape again with the Simplicity Bias Tape Maker! This small, handy machine folds and irons fabric strips into bias tape in one swift motion. You'll be able to make strips of bias tape in just minutes. Use the Simplicity Bias Tape Maker to make bindings and edgings for clothing and other sewing projects. If you use single-fold bias tape on your quilts, this machine can be used for quilt binding. However, if you prefer double-fold bias tape, you can also get a special bias tip for making double-fold bias tape.
The Simplicity Bias Tape Maker is safe and easy to use. First, you will choose a fabric that you like for your binding and cut it into 1-7/8" or 2" bias-cut strips. Remember to always cut fabric strips on the bias, rather than cross-grain, so that the binding is strong and durable. You can choose any fabric you like to use with this bias tape maker because it has different heat settings for different fabrics, similar to your regular iron. Imagine a beautiful art quilt bound in silk! Once you have cut the fabric, you will feed it into the bias tip, which is easy to do if you have tweezers, a pair of scissors, or other pointed tool to guide the fabric through the tip from a convenient slot on top of the tool. After winding the other end of the fabric around the spindle, you are ready to turn on your bias tape marker. You will need to allow the bias tape maker to heat up, just as you would any other iron. Fortunately, the Simplicity Bias Tape Maker has a light that turns green when the heating plate is ready to use.
To use the Bias Tape Maker, you will attach the bias tip to the machine, place the beginning of the fabric strip across the heating plate, and put the cover on the heating plate. Once you hit the "run" button, your bias tape will begin to appear, almost as if by magic! The bias tape feeds out of the machine folded and pressed to perfection. You can make all the bias tape you need for a quilt or other sewing project in just five minutes!
Buy the Simplicity Bias Tape Maker on CutRateCrafts.com!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a little sunshine to your day with this simply gorgeous Sunshine Texas Star Block Pattern. This free quilt block pattern is the… Continue reading: "Sunshine Texas Star Block Patternvideocam"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Chance to win a FreeSpirit Fabric Collection!
- Quilting Those Flirty 30s
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Ruler Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns