Quilt Binding Express & Binding Buddy from June Tailor
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Binding a quilt can be the most frustrating part of the quilt making process, often because it’s the last step and by that time you’re impatient to have the quilt done! The June Tailor Quilt Binding Express & Binding Buddy are two simple but particularly useful tools to help speed you along to the finish.
If you’ve ever wished that your 24” ruler was a few inches longer, the Binding Buddy will indeed be your new friend. At 30” long, it comes in two widths: 2 1/4” and 2 1/2”. If you prefer bias binding, which holds up better to repeated washings and general wear and tear, it can be difficult to adequately cut long pieces of fabric at an angle. One end of the Binding Buddy is cut to a 45º angle. This enables you to quickly line up the 45º angled edge with the selvage edge of the fabric and get a perfect bias cut every time. It can also be used to trim the ends of your straight-of-grain binding strips at an angle without moving the ruler.
The June Taylor Quilt Binding Express is a unique gadget that functions much like a bias tape maker. It’s a mini ironing board that can be used on your sewing table, and it has slots in three sizes — 2”, 2 1/4” and 2 1/2”. Once your binding strips are cut and sewn together, simply fold the binding in half and feed it through the corresponding slot in the Quilt Binding Express. You simply have to pull the folded binding across the pressing surface and iron as you go. The Quilt Binding Express can also be left on your sewing table and used as a small pressing station for paper piecing or patchwork.
Both the Quilt Binding Express and the Binding Buddy are convenient, versatile, and designed to make a laborious part of the quilt making process go more smoothly.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Win Rose Quartz & Serenity Fabric!
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win the Kaleidoscope Centerpiece!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- The Best of Judy Hopkins: 365 Quilt-Block Patterns Perpetual Calendar
- Lily Ashbury High Street Jelly Roll
- T-Shirt Project Fusible Interfacing
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Variable Star Quilt Block
- Friendship Star Quilt Block
- Zipper Coin Purse
- North Wind Quilt Block
- Quilted Handbag
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Radiant Cross Quilt Pattern
- Tulip Garden Quilt Pattern
- Greek Cross Quilt Block
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns