Nine Patch Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"A nine patch is one of the most basic quilting blocks. At it's most basic, it is nine different squares of fabric sewn together to form a larger square. Patterns can be created with the 9 patch. Or you can keep it totally random, like I've done. These are really easy to make and perfect for beginners. Nine patch quilt blocks can also be a compilation of smaller quilting units like the 4 patch or half square triangles. Learn the basic technique and then try adding in different smaller units into your nine patch blocks."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size9 inches wide x 9 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bella Nonna Tilt-a-Square Quilt Kit
- Bella Nonna Design Studio
- A Message from The Editor of FaveQuilts
- Pocket Tote Bag Pattern
- Strip Surprise Quilt
- Modern Rainbow Quilt
- Flower Wall Hanging
- 6 Pocket Tote Bag
- Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit
- End Of The Rainbow Mug Mat
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns