This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
How To Make Megic 8 Half Square Triangle Units
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"If you are in need of making many many half square triangles, the magic 8 method is the right way to make them. With this method of doing half square triangles, you make eight HSTs at a time. There are some other methods to make half square triangles, where you make two or four HSTs at one time also. Half square triangles are one of the most used quilt blocks, either with other pattern combinations or alone. It is good to know how to make these HSTs in a paractical way. In this tutorial I will show you how to make 8 half square triangles at one time. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size4 inches wide x 4 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextPastel Patchwork Star Block Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for a great DIY graduation gift for a scholar in your life, free quilting patterns are a creative and useful… Continue reading: "Graduation Keepsake Quilt for Her"
- Pastel Patchwork Star Block Tutorial
- Cathedral Windows Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Twinkle Twinkle Scrappy Star
- Nautical Quilt Block Pattern
- Super Magical String Quilt Block
- Pop Rox Quilt Block Tutorial
- Summer Log Cabin Quilt Block Pattern
- Midnight Kaleidoscope Block
- Happy Birthday Block Tutorial
- Granny Square Diamonds Block
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- The Perfect Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorial
- How To Sew Quilted Potholder Tutorial Pattern
- Solar System Mug Rug
- Old Glory Quilt Pattern
- Beginner Baby Cheater Quilt Pattern
- How To Make A Butterfly Garden Table Runner
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns