This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
How To Make A Pinwheel Quilt Block
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"Learn how to make a pinwheel quilt block. It is a basic quilt block made from two colors of fabric. It’s a fast and easy classic quilt block that is perfect for beginners. Pinwheel quilt blocks are one of the most popular quilt block patterns. They're simple to make and can be used in a variety of different quilts. Once you've mastered this block, you'll be able to create all sorts of amazing quilts. This tutorial will show you how to make a pinwheel quilt block using simple techniques. The Pinwheel Quilt Block is a simple four-patch quilt block made from four half square triangles (HST). "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size6 inches wide x 6 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Equipment • Pencil
• Quilting Ruler
• Rotary Cutter
• Straight pins
• Ironing board with a pad
• Sewing machine
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Cabin Fever Blues Quilt Pattern
If you love the classic log cabin, then you'll fall head over heels for this completely stunning Cabin Fever Blues Quilt Pattern.… Continue reading: "Cabin Fever Blues Quilt Pattern"
- Insanely Easy Granny Square Quilt Block
- Square In A Square Sawtooth Block
- Easy Square In A Square Quilt Block
- Arkansas Traveler Quilt Block
- Tennessee HST Block Pattern
- Sunshine Texas Star Block Pattern
- Doubly Striped Half Square Triangle Block
- Simple Eight-Pointed Star
- Double Four-Patch Quilt Pattern
- Romance HST Quilt Block Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns