This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Simple Blocks Beginning Quilt Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"If you’re new to quilting, this simple blocks beginning quilt pattern is a great way to get acquainted with the process. This tutorial features solid squares with sashing that’s perfect for beginners. With just a few basic steps, you’ll be on your way to creating your very own quilt. There is something incredibly satisfying about starting a quilt project with simple blocks. Whether you’re a beginner quilter or an experienced one, these blocks are perfect for testing out or experimenting with color and fabric choices."
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size44 inches wide x 58 inches long
Time to CompleteA week or two
- Main Print Fabric. 2 yards
Coordinating Fabric 1. 1 ½ yards of each color.
Coordinating Fabric 2. 1 ½ yards of each color.
- Sashing fabric 1 ½ yards. Choose solids or fabrics with subtle blending.
- Backing fabric 3 yards
- Binding fabric ¾ yard, 240 inches X 2 ½ inches wide of binding fabric.
You’ll need a piece trimmed to 46 inches x 60 inches of thin cotton batting like Warm & Natural to make this quilt.
Safety Pins; 1 ½ inch stainless steel
Read NextMorning Frost Quilt Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shiny + Bright Quilt Pattern
- Starburst Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Christmas Star Ornament Block Pattern
- Broken Dishes Baby Quilt Pattern
- 18+ Free Decorative Christmas Quilt Patterns
- Morning Frost Quilt Pattern
- Cathedral Windows Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Fun Christmas Tree Quilt Blocks For Your Crumbs & Scraps
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Christmas Ornament Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns