13 Quilted Thanksgiving Crafts and Turkey Appliques
Are you ready for Turkey Day? Add the perfect finishing touch to your home with these Thanksgiving quilt ideas!
Making quilted crafts for Thanksgiving doesn't have to be as complicated as making a full-size quilt that you'll only use one day of the year. You can whip up small and festive projects to help you celebrate Turkey Day throughout the autumn season. You'll love showing off your sewing, too.
In our list of 13 Quilted Thanksgiving Crafts and Turkey Appliques, you'll find easy quilted decorations and wearable crafts that will make Thanksgiving Day extra special. But don't worry, we have more to offer than just turkey projects. We've got projects for all types of quilters!
If you really have a hankering for a whole Thanksgiving quilt, try out this Homespun Thanksgiving Table Topper. This cozy snowball quilt uses earth tones and appliqued names of Thanksgiving dishes to evoke the Thanksgiving spirit. Use it to decorate your Thanksgiving dinner table or hang it as a wall quilt, if you'd rather not get pumpkin pie on your handiwork!
Table of Contents
Turkey Applique Crafts
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without turkey! Use these turkey applique patterns to make your Thanksgiving especially festive; every year when you bring out these turkey crafts, it'll get you in the mood to chow down on a big Thanksgiving feast.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Applique TemplateUse this applique quilt template in all your Thanksgiving projects! The Thanksgiving Turkey Applique Template is the perfect embellishment for Thanksgiving quilt blocks, placemats, wall hangings, and table toppers.
- Butterball Applique T-shirtThis project is a fresh take on turkey applique designs. This funny and fun project will get a smile every time you see it. Make holiday wear fun this year with this great t-shirt.
- Turkey Applique Thanksgiving TowelThis turkey craft is just the right way to show off your sewing to all your guests. You can display your towel in the kitchen or the dining room, right where all the action is happening during Thanksgiving dinner.
- Handprint Turkey Applique Quilted PlacematsTurn one of your favorite childhood Thanksgiving crafts into a sophisticated holiday decoration with this turkey applique placemat tutorial. You can even trace the handprints of your grandchildren to make these DIY placemats even more personalized.
Turkey DIY Appliques for Girls
A gorgeous display of colorful feathers makes the turkey an ideal motif for feminine Thanksgiving crafts. Put a pretty turkey applique on a plain girl's t-shirt for an instant Thanksgiving outfit. These patterns are especially good for little ones who won't wear formal outfits to family gatherings.
- Turkey T-shirt AppliqueDress up your little one for Thanksgiving with a simple Turkey T-shirt Applique! With this Thanksgiving Day craft, you can creatively use up fabric scraps in warm autumn colors and pretty prints for the turkey's tail feathers.
- Girly Turkey AppliqueThis Girly Turkey Applique will make all your crafts for Thanksgiving festive and feminine. Print out the free template for this turkey applique, and pick out your prettiest fabrics for the feathers.
- Ruffled Feathers Appliqued T-shirtThis Ruffled Feathers Appliqued T-shirt is an adorable way to embellish a simple tee for the holiday. Let your little girl pick out ribbon for the bow, and fabrics for the colorful feathers.
Thanksgiving DIY Table Decorations
On Thanksgiving, it's all about the table, so make sure yours is well decorated this year. These pieced and quilted table decorations will have all of your guests oohing and aahing over your handiwork.
- Quilted CornucopiaA Quilted Cornucopia is a unique way to display your love for quilting at Thanksgiving dinner. Use this template to cut out fabric and batting for a quick Thanksgiving decoration.
- Modern Thanksgiving Table RunnerA combination of 70s-inspired patchwork and basic quilting techniques, this table runner tutorial is the perfect way to create some cute Thanksgiving decor ahead of November.
- Quick Patchwork Thanksgiving Table RunnerMake this Quick Patchwork Thanksgiving Table Runner with a harvest-themed charm pack and some warm-colored linen. You'll be able to stitch this up in a snap.
More Thanksgiving Crafts
If you're going all out for a quilted Thanksgiving, then these quilted turkey patterns are must-haves at your holiday gathering. Collect a few large scraps of fabric in earth tones to create these sumptuous turkeys.
- Harvest Home Table RunnerBefore you even think about cooking your turkey or mashing your potatoes, create stunning free quilt patterns to add a homey feel to your abode before your November feast.
- Trapunto Touchdown TurkeyUse trapunto quilting to make Touchdown Turkey three-dimensional and change up the helmet colors to show support for your favorite team!
- Turkey Tom Pocket PlacematThis turkey quilt pattern is the perfect size for a table setting, and the built-in pockets provide convenient places to tuck utensils or napkins. Make a whole flock of Turkey Tom Pocket Placemats for your family.
What's your favorite holiday? Let us know below in the comments!
Read NextHappy Turkey Mini Quilt Pattern