This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Join Leftover Batting Scraps
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"What do you do with those strips of batting leftover after you've trimmed down your quilt after quilting? I have even more of those than some people as I tend to buy my batting bigger than the quilts I end up making! So I have learned to join my batting pieces together so I can reuse those leftovers in other quilts, wall hangings or any other qulted project. In my post you will find a Video Tutorial plus written instructions for how to join your leftover batting. Happy Quilting!"
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size72 inches wide x 72 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Leftover pieces of batting
- Sewing Machine
- Rotarty Cutter
- Large cutting mat
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for a great DIY graduation gift for a scholar in your life, free quilting patterns are a creative and useful… Continue reading: "Graduation Keepsake Quilt for Her"
- Half Square Triangles - 4 At A Time Method
- Quilt As You Go with Wide Sashing Tutorial
- Easy Quilt as You Go Quilt Pattern
- The Poutama Quilt
- Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Pattern
- How To Make New Fabric From Selvage
- How To Sew A Quilt Back From 44" Fabric
- How to Use Half Square Triangle Paper
- Quilt as You Go: Strip Quilting Video Tutorial
- Purple Jam Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- The Perfect Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorial
- How To Sew Quilted Potholder Tutorial Pattern
- Solar System Mug Rug
- Old Glory Quilt Pattern
- Beginner Baby Cheater Quilt Pattern
- How To Make A Butterfly Garden Table Runner
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns