This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Join Leftover Batting Scraps
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"What do you do with those strips of batting leftover after you've trimmed down your quilt after quilting? I have even more of those than some people as I tend to buy my batting bigger than the quilts I end up making! So I have learned to join my batting pieces together so I can reuse those leftovers in other quilts, wall hangings or any other qulted project. In my post you will find a Video Tutorial plus written instructions for how to join your leftover batting. Happy Quilting!"
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size72 inches wide x 72 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Leftover pieces of batting
- Sewing Machine
- Rotarty Cutter
- Large cutting mat
Read Next3d Blockhead Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns