Diamonds and Chevrons Table Runner
The intricate overlapping pattern of striped diamonds and triangles in this free quilted table runner pattern looks difficult, but it couldn't be easier! Piece together striped fabric, slice it into triangles, and then arrange according to color to create the Diamonds and Chevrons Table Runner.
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size13 inches wide x 50 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
If you're addicted to quilting, check out our biggest collection: 101+ Best Quilt Patterns for Free: Quilt Block Patterns, Quilt Patterns for Baby, and More!
- two 2" strips from EACH of 6 different fabrics
- Backing 1 yd.
- Batting/fleece 13" x 55"
- Starmaker® 8
- Sew strips together; square off ends.
- Cut the first part of the "X" by cutting diagonally from upper left corner using the Starmaker® 8.
- Cut the 2nd part of the "X" by cuttingdiagonally from lower left corner using the Starmaker® 8.
- Cut the strips even with the ends of the diagonal lines.
- Use these 4 triangles (A, B, C, D) to make the table runner by following the chart.
A cut 8
B cut 6
C cut 8
D cut 6
- Use an envelope finish— Pin the backing and the pieced top, right sides together. Place the batting or fleece underneath. Sew around outside edge, leaving 8" open to turn right side out.
Read NextBerry Bouquet Table Topper