- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
How to Make a T-Shirt Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
Look around your house. If you're like us, you have tons of old t-shirts stuffed into every drawer and closet. It's a shame to feel like you have to throw many of those away—novelty t-shirts are fun to look at and usually hold a special place in your heart from the time or place that you bought them. So why not make a t-shirt quilt? T-shirt quilt designs are fun, incredibly easy, and great for giving those old shirts new life. You can't really go wrong with one of these tutorials. They're great for kids' rooms, guest rooms, or throw blankets. Think about what a great conversation starter a t-shirt quilt can be! You can make a brand-new quilt without spending a dime. (Talk about budget friendly.)
Learning how to make a t-shirt quilt is so simple that even beginners can do it. These tutorials will teach you how to do it step by step, with different methods and techniques depending on your ability and style. Like free-motion quilting? There's a tutorial for that. Prefer applique? There's a tutorial for that, too. Just pick your favorite design, gather up those old t-shirts, and go!
How to Make a T-Shirt Quilt
Table of Contents
Baby Clothes Quilts
These awesome t-shirt quilts are funky, fun, and easy to make.
- T-Shirt Memory Quilt: One of the most touching kinds of keepsake quilts is the t-shirt quilt you can turn practically any kind of old clothing into a one-of-a-kind quilt for someone special.
- Ragged T-Shirt Quilt Instructions: Combine two of your favorite types of quilts, rag quilts and t-shirt quilts, in one awesome quilt project.
- DIY T-Shirt Quilts for Hoarders: Screen printed t-shirts seem to grow on trees these days, and you can amass a mountainous hoard of them in no time!
- How to Make a Simple T-shirt Quilt: This easy tutorial will teach you how to make a simple t-shirt quilt with 12 x 12 inch t-shirt blocks.
- Scrappy T-shirt Quilt: Make Scrappy T-shirt Quilts to use up your old t-shirts and your leftover quilting scraps.
- Fall T-shirt Quilt Directions: In this tutorial, you will use fleece as quilt backing when making a t-shirt quilt so that your quilt is soft and warm on both sides.
- Classic Memories T Shirt Quilt: Quilting on a budget has never been easier the next time you plan to make a special pattern for a loved one, grab some old tees and try the Classic Memories T Shirt Quilt.
- Soccer T-Shirt Quilt: This t shit quilt tutorial teaches you how to take old soccer jerseys and sports t-shirts and turn them into a beautiful quilt that is truly one of a kind.
Baby Clothes Quilts
Baby clothes can be hard to part with. Why not put them to new use?
- How to Make a Baby Clothes Quilt: This tutorial describes how to make a baby clothes quilt of any shape and size. Learn how to make a memory quilt for your child that showcases all those adorable baby outfits and the memories that come along with them!
- Mommy's Little Sweetie Baby Clothes Quilt: Kids grow up so fast, but for quilters, this can be a fun opportunity to use old baby clothes and make the Mommy's Little Sweetie Baby Clothes Quilt.
- Charming Patchwork Baby Dress: This Charming Patchwork Baby Dress is different from other baby girl dress patterns because you can make it with just a t-shirt and a charm pack!
- Recycled Patchwork Shorts: Cut old t-shirts that your son has outgrown into squares and piece together for a patchwork fabric.
Need a quick project? Make a pillow!
- T-Shirt Pillow Tutorial: If entire t-shirt quilts seem daunting, try making a pillow with just one t-shirt instead!
Read NextFamily Keepsake Quilt Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
China Blue Irish Chain Quilt Pattern
You can never go wrong with a classic! Make a gorgeous traditional Irish chain quilt in luxurious shades of navy and snowy white with… Continue reading: "China Blue Irish Chain Quilt Pattern"
- Family Keepsake Quilt Tutorial
- How to Make a T-Shirt Quilt: 11 T-Shirt Quilts
- Ragged T-Shirt Quilt Instructions
- T-Shirt Memory Quilt
- Vintage Shirt Patchwork Quilt
- Easy T-Shirt Quilt Tutorial
- Classic Memories T Shirt Quilt
- How to Make a Baby Clothes Quilt
- T-Shirt Quilt Pattern Tote
- Stadium T-Shirt Cushion
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns